Happily Ever After

October 10, 20XXSaturday'Four months later'

October 10, 20XX
Saturday
'Four months later'

It's October.

The month when the leaves catch a passionate fire and burn with beauty.

Today, I too ignite with the same passion and beauty.

I do so because today is my wedding day.

I open my eyes and focus on the double doors in front of me.

On the other side of these doors awaits the man of my dreams.

Sensing my nervousness, my father puts a warm hand over my arm.

"Remember, Jennie, you will be in a room of people that love you." He beams proudly at me.

I return his love with a smile.

How lucky am I?

On cue with the music, I lock arms with my father and turn forward as the doors pull open for us.

Everyone swivels their heads to look my way before standing up and encouraging me to start closing the distance between Taehyung and I. 

In a room full of people that have created memories, I thank them individually in my head.

I look to my girls who turn to look at each other, gushing over my look.

Thank you for being there at the very beginning, doing the most to just get his name.

Jin salutes me from the other side with two fingers.

Thank you for not marrying me.

I connect my eyes with Jungkook's grateful ones as he stands beside Taehyung.

Thank you for helping bring us together again.

Yeri tilts her head and gives me a smile.

Thank you for showing us that nothing can tear us apart.

I sincerely thank you all.

But there's one person who I need to thank most of all.

I concentrate on that one particular face. 

At the sight of me, Taehyung tilts his head back for a moment, closing his eyes with a smile.

I feel like I could conquer the world.

As I step closer, Taehyung reaches out to grasp my hand in his.

"Beautiful," Taehyung mouths.

A year ago in this month, Taehyung had bumped into me saying the same thing.

Now, we're here getting married.

I feel my eyes prickling with tears just by seeing Taehyung blink his away.

If he doesn't cry for you on your wedding day, he isn't the one for you.

The whole ceremony, I can just feel the warmth and love radiating from everyone around us.

The moment finally comes when it's time to unite us as one.

After pouring our hearts out all over again, the priest proudly allows us to seal our promises with a kiss, "You may now kiss the bride."

Taehyung's eyes settle on my lips as he leans in with a smile.

Right before his lips meet mine, I whisper, "It's a boy."

He halts for a moment before smiling wide and lifting my chin so he can place his lips over mine.

The room erupts with vigorous clapping.

If you would have told me last year that all this would have happened...

...that I would marry the boy who took the 7:05am and carry his child...

I wouldn't have believed you.

Sometimes all it takes to fall in love with someone...

...is five minutes a day.