Lost

June 02, 20XXTuesday

June 02, 20XX
Tuesday

Taehyung stayed at my place overnight.

I didn't bring up Jungkook or the others.

I just let him hold me as he wept silently.

My parent's weren't home, so I let Taennie in to cuddle with him.

For a little while, I got to see his smile again.

About what happened yesterday... I really thought it would go a different route.

But how do you convince someone that your friends didn't care just because they thought you were dying? 

Because truthfully, it did change the way they acted and saw him.

It did.

. . .

I walk out of the room to grab us something to eat, but stop fast in my tracks when I realize my parents are in the kitchen.

"Jennie, sit down. It's time we tell you what's going on." My father waves over to the dining room table.

My mother doesn't make eye contact with me.

This isn't good.

I drag my feet as I walk over and pull out a chair, barely sitting on the edge.

Just in case I need to run.

"You guys are filing for a divorce, aren't you?" I softly ask, about to cry.

My dad shakes his head.

"No. It's not about us. It's about you." My dad clears his throat and looks at my mother, who shakes her head.

"I don't agree with this." She whispers.

Mom?

"I didn't want things to resort to this either, but for the sake of our future it has to."

Lost, I'm lost at sea.

"Jennie." 

My dad is the unexpected thunderstorm my little ship is about to face.

"We have arranged a marriage for you."

And it has caused me to steer in another direction.