No more chasing

May 30, 20XXSATURDAY

May 30, 20XX
SATURDAY

He knows everything now. 

He knows that I donated the money into getting him a better doctor. 

He also knows that Jungkook and I aren't meeting for a project.

Does he know that Yeri and I had made a deal?

Or that Jungkook and I were trying to repair their friendship?

So many questions. Luckily, I had all week to think about them due to Yeri's suspicions about what was really going on between Jungkook and I.

We had decided that it was better off that we took a break before she blew our cover. 

Today, for some reason, everyone decided to meet at her house.

It was probably her idea and she probably had arranged a booby trap in every single part of her home for me.

Jokes on her, though. I can take my car within the town, so I at least was prepared to make a getaway. 

Feeling nervous, I reveal my discovery to Jungkook as he steps into my car. "He knows."

"Exactly how much?" Jungkook gulps as he adjusts the seat for his long legs. 

I start driving to Yeri's with help of Jungkook's GPS.

"That there is nothing that I'm helping you with and that I made the donation to the hospital using Yeri's money-"

Jungkook holds up his hand. "Wait? That's what you donated the money for?"

I nod my head, "Yeah. What does Yeri think I used it for?"

Jungkook pauses for a moment before saying, "your school tuition or something."

That would have been smart.

But Taehyung's life was more important than a degree that I probably would be paying my whole life for.

"Aw, well nope. I got him a better doctor." 

It feels weird talking to Jungkook about this. This was very personal to me and if I cross that step with Jungkook, it would make us closer. I don't think that's a good idea.

"Can I ask why? Like a better doctor isn't going to change that he has cancer." He softly tells me, obviously trying not to hurt my feelings. 

He probably thought it was just a waste of money.

I grip the steering wheel.

I know that a doctor can't come up with the cure for cancer just because I paid him to. That wasn't what I was going for at all.

 "I got him the best doctor there is to make him feel better and...," I take a deep breath in, feeling a lump in my throat. "And to come to better terms that he had cancer. Taehyung, he uh...he had this gut feeling that he didn't have cancer and I couldn't let him go through chemo with regrets."

I let it all out of my chest and wipe my nose with the sleeve of my shirt. 

God, it hurts.

Taehyung is here now, but for how long?

I hadn't even realized that I was crying until I looked over at Jungkook and noticed that he was also crying.

I give him a moment to himself as I park at Yeri's house.

"Jungkook?" I softly touch his shoulder.

"It's terrible." He says, finally turning his way towards me. "He might die and I don't even know if I can get him to forgive me in time."

I wipe my tears away and pull Jungkook in for a hug. 

"We'll get that forgiveness, I promise you." 

He nods and returns the hug. After a while, he finally pulls away to open the door and climb out.

I smile sadly as I take in his broken state. Grabbing my things, I turn to open the door.

As I open it, I realize that Taehyung was standing right outside, staring at us.

He no longer wore the sling in his arm, just a bandage wrapped around his arm.

Did he see the hug between Jungkook and I?

Of course he did, he's wearing his glasses today.

Taehyung suddenly reaches out and takes my hand to pull me behind him.

"Jungkook, go inside." Taehyung mutters bitterly, avoiding eye contact with him.

Jungkook looks from Taehyung to me and back to him. "I wasn-"

"I know, just get inside." Taehyung turns away from him and pulls me close to him. I trip over my own feet as I lean against him, feeling teary-eyed all over again.

Jungkook doesn't mutter another word and does what he's told, the creak of the spring door being an indicator that he did so.

I close my eyes and just take in Taehyung's scent. He never wore any type of cologne. He just always smelled like he just hopped right out of the shower. 

It was dangerous that we were hugging right outside Yeri's home. 

If she caught us, I would be dead.

But I had Jungkook and I prayed that he kept her busy.

"Taehyung, there wasn't anything going on between us." I say softly.

He just runs his fingers through my hair. "I know there wasn't. I know you. I know that you wouldn't do that to me. That's why this whole time I racked my brain in search of why you would try to leave me."

I bit my lip.

 "Which is why I'm not letting you run away anymore."

He leans down and whispers into my ear.

"Tonight, I'm sneaking into your house."

I feel his smile against my ear as he playfully nips it.

"I got some promises to keep."