Wrong

May 21, 20XXThursday

May 21, 20XX
Thursday

Jungkook is not so bad afterall.

Turns out he did need me just as much as I needed him.

Except, he didn't need me for a research project.

What he really wanted was Taehyung's forgiveness back.

He said that only I could get Taehyung to forgive him and the only way I could do that was by being around (which I couldn't do without him).

"Why do you even want Taehyung's forgiveness?" I ask Jungkook, nervous about going with him to hang out with the others.

Will Taehyung be there?

Will Yeri push me away?

As long as I can see him for just a little bit, I'll be okay.

Jungkook places his hands behind his head. "There's more to the story than what Taehyung probably told you."

He stops right in front of whoever's house we are going into.

"I'll tell you the long version another day, but the short version is we all weren't honest with our feelings. Including Taehyung. I just think we should get over it all."

I want to know the entire truth. Trying to piece everything together from what I've seen and Taehyung has told me is too hard.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the backyard. "Ready to see Taehyung?"

My eyes widen.

I'm ready, but is he ready to see me?

I'm the one who hurt him.

I could hear his laugh already as we walk.

With a racing heart, I step into the backyard after Jungkook. I immediately lay my eyes on Taehyung, who is busy gathering food into his plate at the table.

"Hey sorry we're late. We got caught up in the sponsor hunt." Jungkook grins and walks over to give Yeri a peck on her cheek.

She stares daggers into my eyes.

Feeling so out of place, I just stand there with my hands holding each other.

Taehyung looks up and almost drops his plate when he sees me.

There is no anger in his eyes like I thought there would be.

He gives me a weak smile before sitting down and digging into his food.

"Have a seat, Jennie." Hoseok says as he pops up from behind me.

With a huge grin, he places a chair right across Taehyung and right next to Yeri (the head of the table) for me.

This is going to be rough.

Yoongi stops eating and grabs a plate to put a little bit of everything onto it before setting it in front of me.

I thank him and he just nods in return.

While everyone has steak on their plate, Taehyung does not. I know that he probably wants some but he doesn't want to ask for help cutting it.

With Yeri right next to me, I can't really help him though.

Jungkook returns with some soda cans and has a seat between Yeri and I. Scooting me a little down, I'm no longer across Taehyung.

I let out the trapped breath I was keeping in and start to eat.

There's an elephant in the room. The uncomfortable silence only becomes more tense until Namjoon breaks it.

"Condolences to your family, Yeri."

She says a small thank you as she continues to eat.

"What did you do with all that money?" Hoseok questions her.

"I uh..." Yeri shifts around nervously in her seat, catching Taehyung's attention.

She clears her throat, "...bought something... I thought it was working but it really isn't-"

"Yeri." Jungkook warns sternly.

She shuts up and huffs.

Taehyung just sits there lost in his thoughts.

"Did you...?" He speaks up finally, looking at Yeri.

Everyone stops eating and looks over at the pair.

Yeri stares back into Taehyung's questioning eyes.

He smiles softly and shakes his head, ending the conversation.

Everyone looks at each other before awkwardly going back to eating.

Except I couldn't.

What was he going to say?

That Yeri was the one who graciously got him another doctor?

My stomach started to hurt and I stopped eating.

I try to connect my eyes with Taehyung, but can't.

I bite my lip and look down at my plate with a broken heart.

Because Taehyung couldn't stop staring at Yeri the whole time.