Messages

June 16, 20XXTuesday

June 16, 20XX
Tuesday

LISA: Jennie! Answer my message! ARE YOU REALLY MISSING? YOUR MOMS GOING TO FILE A MISSING PERSONS REPORT!

I squint my eyes as I read the message in the middle of the night.

Lisa...

LISA: also I can't believe this whole arranged marriage thing... heard it from the groom-to-be's mouth.

LISA: TBH. I would run away if it was him too.

I laugh and wipe my eyes.

LISA:  Just let me know you're safe!

I tap my finger against the back of my phone.

I have to let somebody know...

I'm safe, I'll be home soon. Love you!

Satisfied, I set my phone down.

Just as I was about to turn away, it lights up with a notification. The name on the text causes me to pick up my phone again.

JUNGKOOK: it's been a while. Hope you guys are doing fine... I told everyone we were done with our project and I think Yeri has started to come around. So I guess something good came out of all this.

I sigh as I replay the fight they had at the bar.

hey, we're doing fine. Thanks for caring. Btw... just because things worked out for me, doesn't mean I will let you down. I'll get that forgiveness.

JUNGKOOK: thanks.

I'm not sure how, but I'm determined to repair their friendship.

My phone lights up one more time and I get chills as I read the message.

[ UNKOWN: hey... it's Yeri...]

Yeri?

Could she be messaging me to end our fight?

I look over at Taehyung who is fast asleep, hugging the pillow.

I drag the notification to open up the full message.

I read it in a hurry and when I finish, I roll my eyes.

To good to be true.

Taehyung stirs and I panic.

Quickly, I delete all the messages.

If he saw I was talking to Jungkook, he might not ever believe my efforts to get him and Jungkook to be friends again.

Taehyung gets rid of the pillow and throws an arm around me.

He pulls me closer to him, while burying himself into my neck where he places a kiss.

"You're mine forever." He whispers before giving in to sleep once again.

I chew on my lip, thinking about Yeri's tweet.

Could she be right?

Or is she playing mind games with me?