Click

May 24, 20XXSunday

May 24, 20XX
Sunday

"You guys sure are doing a lot of talking for this hunt that you guys keep needing to see each other for." Yeri's sarcasm from the living room causes Jungkook and I's head to snap up from the dining room table.

She has been messing with us all day!

First, we couldn't eat because we "probably wanted to do some work before".

Then, we couldn't watch the movie because "it would distract us and cause us to procrastinate".

Thus, we were sitting at the dining room table, an island of isolation from the rest.

With nothing to really do, Jungkook and I just had our facebook pages open and were watching the movie from afar. Well, I was really just stealing glances at Taehyung.

Jungkook looks over at me. "Um, well we kind of are just looking up how to write a good proposal for my project."

Yeri tilts her head. "Why?"

"Because..." I look up as I search my brain for something clever to say, "How could someone sponsor him if he had a terrible thesis, right?"

With a fake smile, I raise my eyebrows at Jungkook.

He just laughs, out of character. "I don't know. I MEAN OF COURSE."

With annoyance, Yeri suggests that we show them what we have come up with so far.

"Uh yeah, Do you...? Do I? Who has the USB?" Jungkook's acting is terrible and I just want to pinch him so hard.

Smiling, I pretend to look in my bag. "Gosh, I must've forgotten it in my car."

Yeri tosses me the keys from the living room table next to her.

If there's anything to learn about me in this moment, it's that I'm a terrible catcher.

I put my hands together, but the keys don't land in them.

Awkwardly and heated, I bend down to grab them and point to the door.

"Be right back. If I don't come back, the heat killed me."

I step outside and feel like I'm being cooked alive.

Exactly how many minutes does it take to "search your car for a USB"?

Does it take less time than for me to get a heat stroke?

I open my car door and just wave my hands around in there, pretending to search for it.

"There's no project." Taehyung's low voice startles me and I bump my head at the top of the car.

With a groan, I massage my head and look over at him. He's leaning over the porch railing. His good hand is perched on there so he can lean his chin into it.

He's got this smirk, as if he's noticed something funny about me and doesn't want to tell me.

"There's no project," He repeats.

"W-why would you say that?" I nervously blink and stuff my hands into my pockets to stop me from playing with my fingers (a bad nervous habit I had).

He chuckles and shakes his head, pressing his tongue against the side of his cheek.

"I think I have it all figured out."

and with that, he heads back inside.

Oh boy.