Not over

May 31, 20XX SUNDAY 'Morning After'

May 31, 20XX
SUNDAY
'Morning After'

Taennie was going crazy the minute he walked inside my room.

It was either from being released from my parents captivity or because he recognized Taehyung's scent.

I pick him up.

"Sorry, I didn't let you see papa. It was too risky." I peck his nose and walk up the stairs with him in my arms before placing him back on the floor.

After a good morning kiss, Taehyung made his escape through the front door with a promise to catch me later at Hoseok's.

As I walked back to my room, I overheard my parent's throwing around hushed, angry whispers.

Concerned, I tried to press my ear against the door.

Taennie had other plans and bursted through the door.

My parents stop talking and look over my way.

"What's going on?" I play with my fingers, nervous at what they would reply.

They never fight.

My dad's about to open his mouth, but my mother's hand on his shoulder shuts him up.

"Nothing, sweetie. It's nothing."

It's nothing?

Then why do I feel this way?

. . .

"Jennie?"

Jungkook's voice snaps me away from my troubling thoughts.

He tilts his head to look at me.

I'm relaxing on one of Hoseok's lawn chairs in the backyard, hands wrapped around my legs.

He chuckles at me while raising one of his eyebrows, wondering why I'm in a daze.

I apologize and reassure him it's nothing.

After all, no point in getting worried over something that could be nothing, right?

"I'm planning on asking him for forgiveness soon," he confesses out of nowhere.

My eyes widen.

He holds his hands together tightly, obviously worried about whether the apology would go well.

To make him feel more at ease, I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"I think it's a great idea."

And it is.

Taehyung didn't want to accept Jungkook's apology because he didn't believe it was genuine.

However, once he saw how sorry Jungkook was, there was no way he would reject him.

Feeling more confident in his decision, Jungkook nods back at me.

"By the way, I told Yeri about how the money went to Taehyung....you know...for a better doctor."

He told Yeri?

"What did she say?" I ask while biting my lip.

Pressing his lips into a fine line, Jungkook responds, "Nothing. She just said 'oh' and that was that. I'm not sure she was impressed. After all, not much a doctor can do for a cancer patient."

Oh-

Jungkook doesn't know about Taehyung being misdiagnosed.

I almost tell him, but realize that if I do...

Would it change his mind to apologize?

"Don't worry though, I'm still going to try to get you and Taehyung closer. Hopefully convince Yeri to forget the ban. I think it's important for him to have you."

I sigh because I've already given up on the hope that Yeri will change her mind.

I mean Taehyung and I could always meet in secret.

But, it's a small town and if we're caught I could be in big trouble.

I excuse myself and head over to get a drink from the kitchen, the sun (and Yeri) sucking the life out of me.

As I pour myself some soda, I peak over to watch Taehyung on the couch with Namjoon and Yoongi playing video games.

I blush as I get this warm, fuzzy feeling.

All because of last night.

His spontaneous suggestion to run away plays in my head.

He said he was serious, but as tempting as it is to run away from our problems, it wasn't possible.

Almost like he could feel my eyes on him, Taehyung tilts his head over to lock eyes with me.

He teases me by making silly faces right before letting his glasses slide down his face as he eyes me over.

With a wink, he mouths, "Mine."

I blush and avert my gaze down at the floor, feeling shy.

When I lift my gaze back up, Taehyung just chuckles before turning back to the game on the TV.

I turn to head back out, but Yeri surprises me by standing right in front of the door.

She tilts her chin up higher and flickers her eyes to narrow them over at Taehyung then to me.

"Talking?" She bats her eyes questioningly.

I just stand there silently.

Gimme a break.

She walks closer to stand right next to me.

Facing in opposite directions, we now stand shoulder to shoulder.

"Do you really love Taehyung? Or would you be selfish and leave him behind?"

My eyebrows knit together as I slowly look at her.

"I needed to find that out." She states.

What is she talking about?

"Congrats on passing my test."

She turns to me and gives me a smirk.

"But it won't be the last."