Walk alone

MAY 18, 20XXMONDAY

MAY 18, 20XX
MONDAY

I hugged Taennie tightly. He must've known I needed the comfort because he didn't protest one bit.

Lisa and Jin were also over, all of us sitting on my bed.

Lisa came over after my panic attack this morning. Jin just happened to be walking by when Lisa scooped him up.

"I can't believe you didn't let any of us know about this." She snorts, "Now we feel like idiots for hating Tae for taking you away."

"But you really used all of that check to get him another doctor?" Jin asked. "Like... all of it?"

Lisa bites her lip and scolds Jin through her stare. He purses his lips in a frown and shrugs back as a response.

I scratch Taennie's belly and sigh, "Course I did. But Yeri said I had to stay away from Taehyung now. I would ignore her but won't I get in legal trouble? You know...like if she files some kind of report?"

Lisa shakes her head, not knowing the answer.

Of course they wouldn't know.

Who has ever landed themselves in my position?

My phone goes off and we all stare at it until I finally pick it up. Taennie starts barking like crazy.

TAE:  [Sent attachment]

TAE: Surgery went well and there's something I need to tell you.

TAE:  It has to be in person. Can we meet?

I feel a huge weight lift off of my shoulders. I run my thumb over Taehyung's photo in which he was kissing his hand.

He made it.

His surgery went well.

Does that mean he has to start chemo now?

Lisa's warm touch against my arm causes me to focus my attention back to her.

"Are you going to reply?"

I shake my head.

I couldn't.

Just knowing his surgery went well was enough for me.

I just hope the doctor gave him an answer he could live with.

"Not to sound like a jerk, but my mom is outside waiting for me in the car. I'm late for soccer practice." Jin stands up and points to me.

"KIM JENNIE." he shouts and I jump in my spot.

"I DID THIS FOR YOU!" He blows me a kiss and runs out of my house.

Lisa flares a grimace. "Seriously...can't he get his license already."

I laugh.

"Well, I got to go make dinner. Just stay in touch, okay? We are always here for you." She gives me a huge hug and I cry in her shoulder.

I'm really going to miss Taehyung.
- - -

"C'mon Taennie." I gently lead him with his leash on our night walk.

I thought it would make me feel better, but our memories are everywhere.

It really hurts.

I'm staring at the ground when another set of shoes suddenly appear in front of me along with another set of paws.

I look up at the owners.

"Great, it's you."

"I have a name." He scoffs.

I continue walking but Taennie doesn't budge. She stays to play with his dog.

I grit my teeth, "C'mon, Taennie. Jungkook is your dads mortal enemy."

Jungkook laughs loudly. "Look, I know what happened between you and Yeri."

"I haven't disobeyed her royal Majesty's orders." I grumble.

"I didn't come to make sure of that." Jungkook grabs my wrist.

"I can help you get next to Tae again."

I raise an eyebrow at him and yank back my wrist.

"If you can help me in return."