Hospital

MAY 05, 20XXTUESDAY

MAY 05, 20XX
TUESDAY

Yesterday, I learned that Taehyung was more fragile than I thought.

We rushed him to the hospital.

Turns out he was supposed to be there this whole time. In fact, he wasn't even in school for the past week. He had been sneaking out to see me.

The nurses reassured us that he would be fine. His blood pressure just dropped.

Yeri didn't even apologize to me.

She just looked at me with hate in her eyes before storming out of the hospital.

I wasn't allowed to stay until he woke up because visiting hours had ended.

Today, I decided to skip school to visit him and see how he was doing.

When I walked into the hospital room, he was looking out the window.

I knock on the door and he turns his head over to look at me.

"Jennie." He says my name quietly. As if my name was more fragile than he was.

I hold up the tupperware of noodles I made and smile. "I'm good at cooking."

He grins and sits up. "Another thing that I learn about you."

I have a seat at the chair next to the hospital, setting aside the container.

"Taehyung," I play with my fingers. "Are you dying?"

He lets out an unstable breath.

I bite back my lip, realizing that my question scared him.

"They say I have Oseteosarcoma. I don't believe them."

"You don't want to believe them."

He reaches out for my hand. "I rather cling on to hope, than spend my days miserable."

I sniffle and curse myself as my tears fall.

I didn't want it to be true. I wished that Taehyung would always be with me. Was that just a silly wish?

"Is that why your arm is weak?" I ask.

Taehyung nods. "Lesions in my humerus..."

"What about tumors?" I raise an eyebrow.

He wipes my tears and kisses my forehead. "I don't ask too many questions. I'd just rather not know."

I nod my head.

"Climb in with me." He makes space in his hospital bed.

I climb in and tuck myself under his arm. We just lay there for a while.

I cry a little, but I decide that me being sad isn't going to help him at all. I'm supposed to be there for him. To make him happy.

"Yeri's mean." I blurt out.

He laughs. "Yup. She is."

"What happened between you two, can I ask?" I tilt my head up.

"Yeah, well we were really good friends. She was the first to find out about my...condition...and later on she asked me out. I thought she meant it and I had a small crush on her, but a bigger crush on train girl."

I raise an eyebrow. "Me?"

"You."

"Anyways, she ended up cheating on me with Jungkook. I found out she went out with me for pity rather than reciprocation of feelings, but it doesn't matter. I'm with who I want to be."

My heart flips. I play around with my fingers, content with his words.
Suddenly, he leans over and kisses me with a smile.

I close my eyes and press my lips harder against his own.

I never want to forget this feeling.

He slightly pulls away before tilting his head and kissing me more aggressively.

The sparks go off everytime he disconnects his lips from mine only to pick them up again.

"Jennie, promise me something?" He whispers against my lips.

"Hm?"

"When I can leave here. Can I make you mine?" He stares at me from under his fringe.

I raise an eyebrow, looking at him with innocent eyes.

He lets out a shaky breath before going after my lips again.

"Fully mine."