Chapter 17

Running.

That's all Kuro was doing.

He ran down the halls as fast as he could while Erika followed close from behind calling out to him.

Erika: Kuro! Kuro wait!!!

Kuro: Shouta!!!

He continued to ignore Erika's pleads for him to stop as he made his way towards the faculty room.

He must've lost Erika along the way because he couldn't hear her no more.

He ran towards the faculty room and he slides the door open to look for his friend.

Kuro: Shouta-!

There was blood everywhere in the room.

Kuro: Shouta...are you alright?

He walked into the room to search for the missing boy.

Suddenly, a odious smell hit his nose.

Kuro peered behind one of the desks and his pupils went wide in terror.

Kuro: No...No...

Why...?

Why did it have to come to this...?

No...

NOT AGAIN!!!

WHYYYYYYYY?!!!!!!

A body was discovered on the ground and the victim had a deep punctured wounds from his back with blood coming down onto the uniform he wore. The look on his expression show fear and dread.

The knot in Kuro's stomach took a disdainful turn when he knew exactly the who the victim was...

It was Shouta...

Kuro: Shou...ta...? No...No...

Tears pour down the boy's eyes as he took ahold of Shouta's corpse and hold it aganist his chest.

He desperately looked for a heart beat. Pulse. Anything.

There was none...

It was confirmed...His best friend was dead...

Kuro: Shouta...No...No...Please...Not him!!! Why him!!!

Suddenly, he heard the door open to see Chibi, who heard all the commotion and came running inside.

The white hair boy was tired from running and looked at the shorter male.

Chibi: K-Kuro?!

Kuro gave him his attention and hold Shouta close to him. His face was full of tears and anguish. Chibi looked down at Shouta in horror.

Chibi: (No...It can't be...Shouta...)

Kuro: Yuki...me...He's gone.

Chibi felt his heart broke in two...Shouta...was dead....

-Flashback-

Shouta: Hey Chibi! What you doing?

Chibi: Oh umm...Just drawing pictures?

Shouta: Cool! Let me see!

Chibi: W-Wait!

The young boy grabbed the pictures and checked for himself. He stared in awe at the pictures. It was a small comic that had AOT vibe to it. Because it had a solider facing off aganist a titan. They were pretty drawn well.

Chibi: Umm...Umm...What do you think?

Shouta: These are awesome! I never knew you could draw!

Chibi: I-I like to do this in my spare time.

Shouta: With your skills! You could become a mangaka!

Chibi: O-Oh. I don't know?

Shouta: What's wrong?

Chibi: The other kids say my drawing sucks.

Shouta made a frown.

Shouta: Well they're pretty blind then. Or naybe they're jealous because you could draw but they can't. Your drawing could make you a huge success! You could turn it into a reality! Most people may say you need to be more realistic. Well screw them. They don't know nothing! So you can prove them wrong!

Chibi: R-Really?!

Shouta: Yep!

Chibi made a small smile at the other boy.

Chibi: T-Thank you Shouta!

Shouta: Anytime Chibi! Just looking out for you! I'm going to become a pop sensation while you can become a mangaka! Let's make our dreams come true!

Chibi: Y-Yeah!

-End Flashback-

Chibi: (Shouta...no...NO! WHY?!!! WHY HIM?!)

Kuro: Give him back! Please! Give him back! He can't be dead! Shoutaaaaa!!!!

Chibi watched as Kuro broke down on the corpse. Chibi was already caught up in his own guilt...

Chibi: (When I heard him scream...If only I was here faster...Shouta would been still alive...)

Chibi grabbed onto one of Shouta's hand while tears poured down his face.

As for Kuro...

He felt powerless...weak...

There was nothing...he could do...

Kuro: (Where did I go wrong? I lost my only friend who understands me... If only I was here sooner...no...If I didn't leave him in the faculty room all by himself...Shouta would've still been alive...)

Kuro let out all his emotions...

His pain...

His misery...

He let it all out while holding Shouta close to him while Chibi watches with guilt clenching inside his chest...

Shouta...didn't deserve to die...

There was nothing they could do for him now.

The only thing both boys could do now was mourn.

Mourn over the lost of the boy that brought the three of them together....

Shouta.....

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend...
Somewhere along in the bitterness,
and I would have stayed up with you all night...
Had I known how to save a life...