Chapter 29

Chibi and the others look upon the mysterious furry creature in confusion.

A cat?

What was a cat doing here in the cursed school?

Chibi caught the cat was staring at him for some reason with a eerie stare from it's eyes.

He couldn't really tell if it was someone else's cat or it was actually a stray.

The cat stood there watching him...until it made a large sound.

Cat: Meeeeeeeeeeow....

It sounded so ominously weird that send a shiver down Chibi's spine...

Chibi: (The cat...sounds like it was in pain.)

The cat didn't say a word until it took off.

Fast.

Chibi: H-Hey Wait!

It was too late, as he watched the cat vanished off into the dark leaving no trace left behind.

Kiyoshi: Hmm...Strange.

Yuri: What do you mean?

Kiyoshi: I think that cat has been unnoticeably following us for quite some time.

Chibi: Really?

Kiyoshi: Yeah...I haven't told you yet. But I was feeling some strange energy not too long ago. It was small but quaint. At first I ignored it, but it's been around everywhere we go...That cat could also be where that strange energy is coming from...

Chibi: Hmmm...

Kiyoshi: The look in that cat's eyes. They were ruby red with slits in them. The most common eye color for black cats are either blue or yellow. But this one had red eyes...how rare...

Chibi: So? But still...Why would a cat follow us...in this school?

Kiyoshi: I know what you're thinking. That does sound very unlikely thing for them to do. Although do know that sometimes cats follow us around as a mean of getting our attention. This is the more likely behavior when a cat follows the owner around and then it starts to meow. The domestic ones are more likely to meow at humans as a means of getting attention.

Chibi: But it didn't look like that cat had any owner...It could be a stray.

Yuri: Could be...

Kiyoshi: True...then think about it... As for symbolism, cats are symbolic of rebirth and resurrection, per their nine lives. Because they are nocturnal, they are associated with darkness and are also symbols of mystery and magic, as forementioned, but unpredictability and even could heal.

Yuri: So they're pure?

Kiyoshi: Yes that...But...

This raised some eyebrows. But?

Chibi: But What?

Kiyoshi: I should've looked into this...Seeing an black cat could possibly be a bad omen... Which means giving off bad luck...Either that or something tells me...

That isn't an ordinary cat...

Chibi grew bugged eye in realization.

Chibi:....Wait so you mean that cat could possibly...

Kiyoshi:.Yes...That cat could possible chance be a spirit guide...

Chibi: *Gasp* Nani?!

Yuri: Eh?

Kiyoshi: As we could remember, cats tend to be active at night and are able to see in the dark thanks to their highly adaptable eyes. Because they can be seen roaming around at night, they are associated in several cultures with the realm of the darkness. By extension, the cat has been considered as a symbol or representative of witchcraft and dark magic arts, especially if its color is black...If a cat shows up in your life as a spirit guide or you have this animal as totem, you may be inclined to start exploring areas in your life or aspects or yourself that you do not know well yet.

Chibi: (So that cat has to be a spirit guide...Because since the Labyrinth of Hell is a dark realm. It is serving as an protector...)

Kiyoshi: Let's go now...if what I said is true...then we will be meeting that cat very soon...

Yuri: Alright...

Chibi: Yeah...

Yukime looked back into the direction of where the black cat was first seen...something was putting him on edge just thinking about it...

"Meeeeeeeeeeeow"

Chibi: (So if the cat was actually looking at me...then there is a reason it's here like Kiyoshi said...what if it's here to warn me...? But the question is...)

Who or what is it trying to warn me from?