Chapter 66

-Natsuki's Pov-

How to mend a broken friendship?

I always did wonder that ever since I stopped being friends with Mei...

I could never stopped thinking about her...

From the time we first met when I found her in that locker to the time I broke our promise.

I don't have the right to call myself a friend.

From childhood, I have learn that friendships are crucial for a happy, fulfilled life.

Friends provide support, love and an emotional connection that may be lacking elsewhere.

But...I did none of those things...

I did not support Mei...

I did not help her.

I was never really there or her.

Arguments and misunderstandings between friends may lead to conflict.

I never really fought with Mei. But I could tell she was angry about how I broke off all contact with her and stopped being her friend.

I was torn.

Torn between wheter or not, when deciding whether to fix a broken friendship, you must decide whether your friend is a positive figure in your life, and consider where the ultimate responsibility for the deterioration of your relationship lies.

Mei was an positive figure. But I...

I was the negative...

I didn't take responsibility for my actions...

Anyone who ever asked me about my frienship with Mei...I would brush it off and tell them there was no such thing...

I only did it because I pity her...

LIE...

It's a lie...

How many times did I have to lie...

Cowardice is easier than being brave...

Because I was scared...

Especially that fateful day...

-Flashback-

Maki: Hello Natsuki-chan~!

Me: Whoa!

I accidentally dropped my books which now made me look like a klutz in front of Maki. Maki was the one of most popular girls at Yongedu High...but she was also an bully.

Anyone that tried to stand up to her, they will suffer the consequences later.

She was untouchable...

Or so I thought...

Maki: I heard that you ended being friends with Mei. How cute~~~!

Me: Y-Yeah...So?

Maki: I want you to stop.

Me: H-Huh?

Maki: Here's what you're going to do. If you know what's good for you. You better stop being friends with the slut.

Me: B-But...

Maki: Eh? Did you say something NAT-SUKI-CHAN~?

Me:........

Maki: It would be terrible if you said no. Because of Mei, You don't want to get hurt, do you~?

 Because of Mei, You don't want to get hurt, do you~?