Chapter 55

A/N: The Battle Begins...

Chibi felt lightheaded. When the earthquake hit, he was for sure thought he was going to die.

But he somehow still alive and landed in the middle of something small, green, and waxy.

Chibi: Wait...this is grass?! Where am I...?!

Yukime stumbled around his surroundings only to realize that he was no longer in the school...

He was on the outside. But it was dark so he couldn't see anything besides the situation he was in...

Chibi: Am I in a maze...? Shit...

???: Hehehe~! You thought it was over just like that?

Chibi recognized that voice...

Chibi: Misaki.

Misaki: Welcome to Yongedu's garden maze~~~! But I wonder...If you could be able to get out. The maze isn't all that bad....except for the things I gave permission to be inside.

Chibi: What...things?

Misaki: Hehehe. You'll see for yourself. Let's see how long could out live this...?! If you can survive that is~!

Chibi:.....(Wow...Who would've thought Mei's ancestor was insane...I have got to get out of here and find Kuro.)

Chibi begin to run...unluckiest part about that is...He has no idea where he is going...

He stopped in his tracks to notice something written in the cardboard sign.

It read: Yōkai Monogatari.

Chibi:.....Oh that's not good...

He could practically hear the sinsiter laughter nearby...Knowing full well he's not alone in this maze...

Chibi: This yokai story is about a girl whose blood was stolen by an evil spirit....

Chibi: Wait...What the...?

Without warning, Chibi begin to feel drained all of a sudden....

Some liquid in his throat and he starts coughing. He keeps walking even as the coughs wreck him. There's a metallic flavour in his mouth as he coughs up more of the warm liquid.

BLOOD

He doesn't look down at it. The heaving breath of terror was not helping either, Yukime almost lets himself collapse.

He internally prays that what was about to happened is not true.

He was dying...

He was literally dying...

He now knows this maze that Misaki put him in was draining all of his blood and energy.

Darkness was starting to swallow him.

Chibi: (Is this...where it all ends...Where I die...?)

Chibi feels his eyes closing until...he saw a bright light...

Chibi: (Am I dead? NO...Wait a minute...)

The bright light was coming from him. All of his blood and energy soon came back.

Chibi: Whoa...

It was coming from his pocket. He removed the illuminating light from inside to see it was a familiar item.

Chibi: It's one of the talisman...It's keeping me alive....I better go now.

With that, Yukime started to run again. He saw the maze started to soon consumed with spirits of dead students.

They kept coming from all places in the maze. From the upper-left to the down-right corners. All of them screaming, wailing, bellowing, as they tried to attack Chibi.

Chibi felt the soul power from the tags all protecting him.

He felt different.

Powerful.

Like...He could be able to protect himself now.

Spirit: YOU WON'T ESCAPE!

Chibi then felt the soul power embedded into his palms and uses this opportunity to strike back.

Spirit: DIE!!!

Most of this spirits charged with anger before the boy uses his power to reflect their damage.

He soon heard the screams take place once again as he ignored them and moved on.

Chibi: (I'm close to the exit! I can do this!)

It was lucky he knew his way around the maze instead of feeling totally lost. He finally made it to the center to see what he was looking for after all this time.

Chibi: The final talisman.

It was in the center of the maze attach to a wooden sign.

He quickly grabbed it and felt more soul power emerge inside him.

(Tailsman Acquired-7/7)

Then a portal opened up.

Chibi: Found it.

Misaki: NOOOOO!

Chibi saw Misaki charging at him before jumping into the portal. It closes soon before she could grab him causing her to hit the hedge of the maze.

Misaki: Damn. How could I let him get away so easily?! No matter. I still have Kuro to take care of....In his situation, he won't be able to make it back alive~!