Chapter 43

-Third's Pov-

Kuro grumbled underneath his breath with cold fury.

Kuro: How come you put up with this shit, Mei?!

He was scrubbing the desk with a damp towel, while Mei watches. Among her table were the words and phrases he's erased..

"kill yourself, you slut!"

"go die in a hole!"

"end your life!"

"whore!"

"bitch!"

"disappear for the whole school"

It makes Kuro feel angry because no one as innocent as Mei deserves this kind of cruelty, but more than his classmates, he's upset with himself for not being able to help her much.

Mei: I-it's not that bad...

Kuro rolled his eyes at that statement because he knows that it is...He just wishes Mei would tell him what's going on? Why is everyone being mean to her. But everytime he tries. She wouldn't tell him. He definitely ain't going to anyone else because he knows that they would either lie or come up with another story about Mei.

He just hopes someone in his stead would do something...

Kuro: At least you're not being called a demon...

Mei: Oh....

Kuro: Alright...Most of it's gone but I think some of it was written with a black permanent marker...Seriously, how could Shinozaki or the teachers allow this to happen?

Mei: (There's goes my desk then...) Thanks Kuro. I really appreciate what you done.

Kuro made a small grin before it disappeared quickly. Mei sighs wishing he would show more emotions.

But she guess it wasn't in Kuro's nature to do that.

Mei: I better go now...

Kuro gave her an odd look.

Kuro: Home? But it's break time.

Mei: N-No. Not home.

Kuro:....Are you meeting someone?

Mei: Y-Yes.

Kuro: Are they threatening you or anything?

Mei: N-No! Of course not!

Kuro:....They better not... It's a boy, isn't it?

Mei: U-Uh...Yes. It's an upperclassmen. You remember Hinata-Senpai, right?

Kuro: You mean the role model senpai of the school? Hinata Otonoki...That Senpai?

Mei nodded as Kuro sighs.

Kuro: I guess he's okay then. I don't know much about him but he seems like a nice guy. Heard many people wants to be his friend. Girls tried to ask him out but he turns them down gently...So they decided to go after Yamada.

Mei cringed at the memory of the time she dated Ryosuke...It still hurt to learn that he cheated on her with Konami.

Kuro: I handle everything from here. You can go now to see him.

Mei: Okay!

Mei was about to leave when she noticed a boy with white hair, blue eyes, and dark bags underneath his eyes wearing a mask covering his mouth staring at Kuro...