Chapter 26

-Third's Pov-

Tokime stood onstage looking down at his fellow classmates with a peculiar look. Something that only Kuro catches but doesn't say anything.

Yamada: Oi Shinozaki. There you are!

Hinata: Great to see you're alright. We were looking for you!

Tokime: Y-You guys were looking for me?

Kuro:...Yes.

Tokime: ...Why?

Kuro: It's about Mei...

The peculiar look on his face became a look of unease and foreboding anxiety. Almost like as if someone had accused him of something he didn't do but no one was accusing him of anything.

But the lack of communication he was giving now strike the group of giving him odd looks.

Hinata: Shinozaki-kun?

Kuro: Class President? Are you alright?

Tokime: Why...Why are you speaking about her? We shouldn't speak about the dead one!

Yamada: Dude! Calm down!

Kuro: Everything will be alright once we appease her.

Tokime: And then what? Do you think that will work?! What if it doesn't?!!

Hinata: It's the only chance we got if we want all to survive together. It's the best we got.

Tokime:....What's the point. We're all going to die anyway.

Kuro rolled his eyes. He was tired of everyone negative outputs. Especially if it based on Mei. He didn't want Shinozaki to think that's what their fates will be as well.

Tokime:...So is there anyone in our classroom...dead?

Kuro:...I'm afraid so...

Yamada: Konami-chan...Maki...

Kuro:...Shouta...and a few others...

Hinata: So many had lost their lives...and we couldn't do nothing about it...

He remembers seeing so many dead students in classrooms and bathrooms.

So many...

Dead...

Students...

Tokime:.....I see....

Tokime gets off the stage and walk towards the group.

Tokime: On behalf of everyone's well-being. As class president, I humbly apologize for not being able to step up and helping. I was too busy worrying about my own well-being instead of doing whatever I can in my position for assistance.

Kuro: Shinozaki. It's not your fault.

Tokime: But it is my fault!

He had a look of frustration onhis face. It almost looked like he was pressuring himself for something he did wrong.