Chapter 23

A/N: New Character.

Chibi followed the source of the voice.

Whoever was crying out for help had led him to a classroom. It was completely different to the other classrooms that he was in a few minutes ago. The floor was wooden, worn, and littered with holes of varying sizes. The aged walls were rotted yellow with decay.

Chibi squinted around for the voice once again before crying out to them.

Chibi: Hey! Are you here?!

At first, he received no answer until the voice spoke close by.

Voice: O-Over here....

As he got closer, he noticed the person  hiding underneath one of the desks. It was fairly dark, but he could make out the person's face.

It was a girl with fair skin, light short pink hair and glasses. She wore the same uniform as the other girls. Her expression was devoid of any horror but her red eyes were wide.

Chibi: A-Are you okay?

Girl: I-I'm fine. I was just hiding...

Chibi wondered who was she hiding from...One of the ghosts here in the school? Mei? Anything that could possibly pose as a threat?

He grimaced at the thought before looking back at the girl.

Chibi: W-Why would you calling out for help a minute ago?

The girl whimpered and pointed to another direction towards a corner.

There was someone else there.

Girl: M-My friend...

Chibi walks to the corner. He used his flashlight to get a better view of the other girl.

The young girl was lying motionless on the floor in front of them. She was much younger than the two, and had short, grey hair. But the thing that had Yukime's attention was her wrenched, twisted neck. She's been strangled as her neck was twist until her face was rendered onto her back. She died seemingly a few minutes, or even seconds ago....

Had the pink hair girl witnessed something and wasn't able to save her friend? Seems like it...

Chibi: W-What Happened?

Girl: *Sobs* M-Mei...S-She did this...She killed her...

Mei?

The Dead One was the one who killed this girl?

Chibi felt sorry for her. Maybe. It be best if he takes her with him.

Staying here all alone isn't a good idea.

Chibi: How about you come with me...You'll be safer if we'll be together.

The girl looks at him a bit awestruck by his offering but nods.

Girl: O-Okay. Thank you.

Chibi: I'm Yukime Shirosaki...From Class 2-C.

Girl: I'm Yuri Watanabe from
Class 2-B. Nice to meet you too.

Chibi: Likewise.

-Later-

After introductions, they both went back outside to observe their surroundings for ghosts.

Then they were soon called out by a familiar voice.

Kiyoshi: There you are! I'm been looking for you.

The eyepatch boy came running towards them. He send a suspicious glance at Yuri before looking back at Chibi.

Yuri: Umm...Hi?

Kiyoshi: Whose this?

Chibi: Kiyoshi, This is Yuri. I met her a few minutes ago...S-She's been through a lot...

Yuri: -Nods-

Kiyoshi: Hmmm...Alright then. But she's going to have to be careful for now on...Anything in this school could tear us to pieces the moment our guard is down.

Chibi: Gotcha.

Yuri: Y-Yeah...I'll be careful for now on.

Kiyoshi: So...The Floating Head. I see you made it out of her territory.

Chibi: Yes...Turns out. She does commit harm towards others but doesn't kill them.

Kiyoshi: Hmm...Some ghost do that to torment others. It's a way of just messing with people to make them lose their minds.

Chibi: (I almost lost mines the moment I saw her face up close...)

He still was traumatized from the jumpscare.

Kiyoshi: It is still a tragedy of what happened to her. Kids can sure be cruel. Especially to adults. Alright then. Without further ado. Let's get back to business. Yuri-san...Are you familiar with the seven mysteries?

The girl made a frown at that but nods.

Yuri: I heard stories about that but I never thought they be actually real. Just rumors...

Kiyoshi: Oh. They're real alright. Not just rumors. But no matter what the human eye would see. Most chose to remain stubborn when the supernatural is involved. They would ignore it. But no matter how hard they try...that really won't make anything better.

He has a point there...

Chibi: So...What's the next mystery?

Kiyoshi went quiet until he looks at the duo with a creepy grin that was most unpleasant to look at.

Kiyoshi: We're going to check out...the third mystery of Yongedu High...

Kuchisake Shonen:

The Slit Mouth Boy.