Chapter One

L a u r a

I can't believe it has already been a year since that Summer, and what a good Summer it was. It was when everything changed and I'm so glad it did. You're probably confused on what I'm talking about so let me explain...

Last Summer we met, I know this sounds cliché but we did start as friends. Our friendship only lasted 2 days before he kissed me. He said he couldn't help himself, I just laughed when he told me. We met at the start of the Summer at a carnival and we have spent mostly everyday together since.

How we met was actually an accident believe it or not. I was waiting in line for the giant drop with my friends and I couldn't wait! I am a total dare devil, the higher the better. Once we were pretty close to the front I got a little too excited. There was only a few people in front of us and I thought we would make it on to the ride next, well I was kind of right. I ran up to find a seat and I asked my friends where we should sit. Once I didn't get a response I turned around to find no one there, where were all my friends? I realised that they didn't actually make it onto the ride with me. The teenage boy working there, being the little punk he was, wouldn't let me go back to the line. I thank him now but at the time I was extremely angry at him.

By the time I went to get on the ride there was only one seat left next to some random guy, of course. He looked around my age, maybe older. He had brown hair that perfectly swooped to the side. He was looking around nervously. I noticed his eyes were frantically looking around at the people in the line. They kept shooting around from left to right, left to right, woah what's got him so nervous? They was a faint noise in the background that got louder.

"Hey lady? HEY LADY CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE A SEAT?!".

"What, yeah oh right sorry, yes I can." I stuttered.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I was shocked when the teenage boy working there asked me to take my seat.

I sat down next to the nervous guy. I don't think he noticed me sit down I think he was too busy worrying. After a short time the ride started going up, you could say I was a little excited, as for the guy next to me I couldn't say the same. When we got to the top you could see the most breathtaking view.

The guy next to me started mumbling to himself, it was starting to freak me out. I asked him if he was okay and he immediately hushed me. I went to speak again but he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Please just don't talk I'm extremely nervous and you talking doesn't help. I'm not trying to be rude I just want to make it out of here alive." He told me.

He just looked at me, his big brown eyes were staring into mine, they were so hypnotising. I slowly began to nod and he removed his hand from my mouth taking his sweet smelling scent with him. We were silent for a while before he spoke again.

"I'm sorry you're probably not enjoying the ride because of me, you can talk if you want to. I'm Noah by the way." He said.

"It's fine, but why are you so afraid? Oh and Laura." I replied with a smile.

"I've never been big on rides and my friends dared me to go on this ride." He said while pointing to a random place far, far down on the ground.

"Why didn't you just say no, you're obviously not taking this dare very well." I said simply.

"Would you say no to go on some silly ride to a group of 18 year old boys?" He questioned.

"I guess I see you point." I awkwardly laughed.

There was silence until Noah softly spoke "Laura?".

"Yeah?" I replied cluelessly.

"Thank you for calming me down, it made this dare a whole lot easier." He said kind of shyly.

I just smiled at how cute he sounded and replied "Well you know Noah we still have to go down." I gestured to the ground while speaking.

"Oh don't remind me." he said, which made me laugh.

"You know you're not too bad Laura, maybe if we make it off this ride safely we could hang out some time?" He said with a hopeful look.

"I would love.." I started talking but I got interrupted by the ride zooming down to the ground. Noah and I screaming on the ride down, although my scream was an excited scream. Where as Noah's was more of a terrified scream.

Once we got to the bottom Noah's friends rushed over to him. They seemed nice but I thought I would help him out a bit.

"Thank you again Noah. If you weren't on the ride I don't think I would of survived." I said sounding way more dramatic than I should have.

I gave him my number and winked while walking off. At first he was confused but then I think he realised what I was doing once his friends stared hammering him with questions. I still had to wait for my friends so when I walked away I just hid around the corner so Noah's friends couldn't see me. I immediately got a text from him. Noah and I texted back and forth while I waited for my friends. We made plans to see each other the next day.

We planned to go play mini golf but once we were actually playing it we were both so bad that it was hilarious. We were both laughing, I was laughing more, slowly his laughter became quieter until it was inexistent.

He must have been staring at me because I could feel someone looking my way. Before I knew it a pair of lips were on mine. At first I was shocked but I soon kissed back, feeling the sparks between us. After the kiss was when he told me that he couldn't help himself. We decided it was best not to be friends anymore. We both agreed it would be better if we just dated. To be honest I was hoping he suggested that, I always thought he was attractive and that kiss whoo, that was something.

/ / / / / / /

H e l l o   e v e r y o n e ,

I hope everyone likes the first chapter. I'm from Australia so if something is spelt differently from how you're used too, that's why. I would love to hear what you think. This is my first book so I don't know how I will go, but like I said I would love to hear your opinion!

Raura will happen, I'm leading up to it. If you were wondering why Laura is with Noah. It's all part of the book.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //