chapter one

Chapter One - Letter to Angelia

те не говорят нашия език

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Angelia,
I hope you're well, they were a storm last night. It was awful. Mother got angry again, you know how she is.

As for me, well, things haven't exactly gotten better since you've left. Well, if I'm being totally honest, it's getting worse than better

I miss you, it's not the same here without you. Lee seems to be getting annoyed at how father is sucking up to him, now that you're not there. I guess he thinks father is planning to do to him what he tried to you.

We all really miss you, I know school won't be the same without you this year. I'm really nervous to go back, the girls know but, what if someone finds out? What if they think I'm a freak? Three more years until I can leave school, for good.

This year should be stressful, with O.W.L.S and everything, I wish you were here to help me through them; at least Lee is a Ravenclaw and can help me.

How is it there, anywhere? The weather has to be better compared to what it is here in England, I'm assuming that you did leave England, right? There's not been much of a summer this year, occasionally you would see the sun, mostly it's just being grim or raining.

I hope to see you at Christmas. It's lonely here without you. I won't get my hopes up though, it would be a Christmas miracle if you did come.

Sincerely, Kefira.

Sighing Kefira rolled up the parchment, before standing up slowly and padding away across her large room, her toes cold against the wooden floor. Her calloused fingers trailed over the metal bars unlocking the cage and watching as her tawny owl, Fidel, curiously hopped out of his cage. Kefira chuckled as his yellow eyes opened wide and looked into her own blue; waiting for its next task.

The owl broke eye contact, looking at the rolled-up parchment in Kefira's petite hands, the small owl hooted in delight.

"You know where." Kefira sighed as she tied the letter to its stick-like leg carefully, before opening the window and letting Fidel fly out into the cool British air. "Don't hurry back," Kefira said as she watched the owl take flight. The owl nodded his head in acknowledgment, it's brown feathers blowing in the delicate wind.

Kefira closed the window, shivering as the cool air brushed against her pale skin. Strolling over to her bed Kefira collapsed into the sheets. She felt her eyes fall heavy as she followed the patterns that were carved into the ceiling, she knew she shouldn't fall asleep; giving into what her mind craved most was dangerous, especially with her.

The only problem was she was tired, so tired. Kefira felt her eyes begin to flutter closed, but she couldn't find the strength to open them again. She had read her family's legacy, she knew the meaning behind why she was like this, but she couldn't do anything. Especially not when she was so tired, moments later Kefiras eyes closed and she fell into a deep slumber.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Published:25/11/18 17:20
Edited: 28/06/20 22:50

Published:25/11/18 17:20Edited: 28/06/20 22:50