36•Here comes the bride

'A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but it's persistence

'A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but it's persistence.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"You look lovely darling." Kefira's mother expressed running a bony finger through her blonde locks. Forcing a painful smile Kefira thanked her mother. "The guests will be arriving soon."

The wedding was to be taken place in the Lestrange mansion- a legacy for the Pureblood weddings; to get married in the house of the groom. Arriving early in the morning, Kefira had being dressed in the upstairs of the house alongside her mother.

"I'm going to check everything's ready." Her mother announced- bounding elegantly out of the room. Kefira now stood, alone, in the middle of the large room. The walls where pained a murky green and the floor creaked tauntingly as Kefira strode towards the large mirror at the other side of the room. Her reflection stared back tauntingly at her as she felt the tears burn in her eyes. She didn't want this. She glared at her reflection through the elegant mirror for what could of being years; until she heard the rhythermatically clicking heels of her mother. The door opened elegantly and her mother walked in with a beaming smile on her face. "It's time!"

Kefira took a deep breath, looked herself in the mirror one last time before walking towards her mother. Together the two walked down the grand stairs and a proudly decorated hall way before they reached two doors.

The doors where made out of the finest wood and carved to perfection, by them stood Kefira's father- a blank look masking his face.

"I'll go get seated." Her mother spoke, giddily as she opened the doors slightly, just enough for her to slide through.

Kefira walked forwards and stood patiently beside her father, there arms linked together like practiced, "You look beautiful." He told his daughter who hummed in response. Then he turned to her, a look of dread on his face, "I know you don't want this." He told her honestly.

Kefira turned to him and looked at him with confusion, "I don-"

"If you leave now I can help you." He spoke placing his hands on his shoulders, "But if you do this- then I can't protect you anymore."

Kefira furrowed her eyebrows, taking a deep breath of which she didn't know she was holding before parting her red coated lips, "I'm not running." She spoke, turning back around and facing the doors; a determined look painted on her face. "Not without Angelia."

"Angelia isn't coming back!" Her father whispered angrily, looking at his daughter in fear.

"I said no."

Her father was about to speak again, he had parted his lips and was going to talk, but before he could the chosen song began to play and the doors opened slowly- by magic of cause, and the two started to descend down the isle.

She could feel various eyes glaring into her and gasping in her beauty as she walked down the isle. Her eyes focused on only one soul, red blurring her vision as she glared at Rabastan Lestrange.

His body was clad in the most expensive robes his family could afford and he wore and award winning smirk on his hollow face. Her hands trembelled vigirously as she arrived at the end of the isle, turning to face the one she was to bewed.

----

Sirius Black and Leonard Howendale stood cautious in the ocrner of the room, champagne glassed clutched tightly in their grip. "She's not coming is she?" Sirius questioned, glancing at Kefira in dismay.

A fake smile was plastered across her face as she chattered politely with the Malfoy family, hands fiddled together rather awkwardly with Rabastan Lestrange's.

"I don't know." Leonard admitted, "I hope she comes, I don't know what they'll turn her into if I leave her here."

Sirius turned to look at the twin, confusion masking his face, "You really think she'll change?"

Lee paused before hesitantly nodding, "I think that she could be easily persuaded."

----

The clock struck the hour, marking it to be eleven o'clock Kefira glanced at the clock in agony. They'll be long gone by now.

She's alone. No way to escape. Waiting for her untimate doom. Death.

Death.

wouldn't that be a peaceful ending? For after all even in books when there's a happily ever after there's always the chance of a sequel, for that peace to come crashing down and trample everything in its path. But death is....well death. Nothing after, just a wide amiss of nothing.

Kefira shook her head, this wasn't right. It wasn't her thoughts. It was the illness. The illness.

A harsh tapping on her shoulder shocked Kefira out of her state, she elegantly turned her head to face her newly announced husband, "It's time you come with me."

Kefira gulped nervously and took hold of his hand as she followed him out of the ballroom, up the stairs of the manor and into his bedroom.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 12/05/20 13:04

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 12/05/20 13:04