45• Beware of the Warnings

'dedication takes sacrifice'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Kefira had never worked so hard at anythung her entire left. After spending the first two periods of her first official day back flipping through the work she had from herbology so she could at least have some idea what was happening, she knew how difficult it was going to be. Luckily for her Defence Against the Dark Arts had a double lesson that morning so she had no reason to worry about bumping into any of her friends as she sat hidden in a back corner of the Libary, hunched over a stack of books and parchment learning about knotgrass as fast as she could.

By the time dinner came around Kefira felt more stressed than ever, not understanding the basics about the Bouncing Bulb which was apparently common knowledge for NEWT students and although Professor Sprout offered the girl a sympathetic smile and an offer to help her catch up (which Kefira gratefully accepted) it did not release the tesnion she was feeling about this whole thing.

At dinner Kefira managed to rush into the Great Hall before it was full with many students, grab a bread roll and dash off to the library again- to study Charms this time; preparing herself for the lesson after.

Kefira once more was hunched over her books, learning about the 'Drought Charm' when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Kefira jumped whipping around her ceurlean blue meeting stormy grey. Kefira felt her throat go dry.

"Regulus?" It was common knowledge that most Slytehrins (especially those part of the sacred twenty-eight) where expected to support the rising Dark Lord and keeping blood purity.

Regulus looked around nervously, "Can I sit?" Kefira nodded slowly as the boy lowered himself into the seat beside her, "I wanted to warn you."

Kefira raised an eyebrow, "Warn me?"

Regulus sighed in annoyance, strategically holding a book to prevent any passers from seeing his face, "They're not happy you left," Kefira gulped, knowing full well what he was talking about, "They're planning something - the older Slytherins - the ones that support the Dark Lord already."

Kefira looked around before whispering in shock, "What, you mean there's Death Eaters in the school?"

Regulus nodded solely, "More than you'd think aswell. Most of the seventh year boys have being boasting about some sort of meeting they went to over Christmas, how they are special, he chose them for a job."

"What job?"

"I haven't heard everything," He admitted honestly, "Although they boast a lot they're not stupid. But, from the way they've being talking and acting they've being asked to recruit more, persuade them to join the cause I suppose."

Kefira looked at him in shock, "How do you know this?"

Regulus looked down, his immaculate posture faultering ever so slightly, "Because they've being trying to recruit me."

"Regulus-"

"I know - I know." He interrupted, "I just nodded and agreed. I've not promised anything. But that's not all," He then seemed to divert his gaze for a moment making sure to contemplate his words before speaking them, "They've being talking about you."

"Me?"

"They're mad, Kefira. You married a respected pureblood and then ran away, they're planning to do something to you."

Kefira sat up straighter in her seat, "What do you mean do something?"

"I dunno." He sighed, "But whatever it is the Dark Lord has given the permission to do it, they wouldn't do it without his word."

Kefira sighed, fiddling with the hem of her robe, "Why are you telling me this?"

Regulus stopped, his stormy eyes scoped the room before landing back on the small blonde opposite him, "Because I know how much you mean to my brother," He then bit his lip as he raised the book higher as somebody passed close by the table, "I don't think it's safe for you to be on your own, right now. Whatever they're planning, it wont be little, not if the Dark Lord approved it. You're seen as blood-traitor in is eyes, he wont want you to walk away freely. Just please don't be alone it's not safe, not now."

Kefira fiddled with the corner of her parchment about the draught charm, "That's not exactly an option right now." She ran her tongue across her lips, "I don't exactly have anyone to go to right now."

Regulus looked at her in almost pity, "You have me."

And those words - just like Peter's - warmed her heart.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 03/06/2020 23:12
Short but sweet. We all live Reg <3.

 We all live Reg <3