chapter four

'You will never find your place in the world by being like everybody else

'You will never find your place in the world by being like everybody else.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Students began to gather in the Great Hall, each as exhausted as the next however, they were all looking forward to a well deserved feast.

Kefira's eyes were still slightly bloodshot from her breakdown on the train, she chose to keep her eyes downcast in the old floor; wanting to prevent the strange looks from her classmates.

First years, each one eleven wearing their new school robes, began to wander into the hall - each one gazing around in astonishment.

Professor McGonagall was at the front of the group, walking swiftly between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables towards the three legged stool that had an old, ratty hat on top, "When I call your name, you shall walk forth, I will place the sorting hat onto your head and it will sort it into your house." Professor McGonagall ordered, lifting the list up to her face to read the names through her specticals, before calling out the first name, "Lockhart, Gilderoy."

An arrogant looking boy, pushed through the crowd of nervous first years, and perched himself on the swaying seat of the three legged stool. McGonagall placed the hat down onto the boy's head, pushing the mop of blonde hair further down covering his crystal blue eyes.

The hat was murmuring to itself, and possibly Gilderoy, for quite awhile. Kefira heard a laugh from down the table, causing a few heads to turn towards the source. "If the the hat stalls any longer it will take longer than Peter did."

Next to James Potter, an arrogant boy who only thought about himself, was Peter Pettigrew who's face had now turned a crimson red. Barking laughter, sounded from across the table where Sirius Black was holding his stomach whilst his eyes watered from laughter.

Glaring at his friends, Remus Lupin managed to silence them nodding towards Professor McGonagall who had a harsh stare on the group.

"Ravenclaw!" The hat announced, making the Professor jump back into action calling out the next name of a young girl whos long brown hair twirled down her back as she sat on the stool. "Gryffindor!" the hat shouted this time, making the girl jump to her feet and skip towards the table who was cheering and welcomed the young girl with open arms.

"Is it just me or do they seem to be a lot of first years this year?" Marlene questioned as the time ticked by and they was only a few trembling first years left, waiting to be sorted.

"I feel like i've been here for a decade." Alice groaned, throwing her head down onto the table, "All I want to do is eat, is that too much to ask?" Marlene brushed the brunettes hair way from her place at the table scrunching up her nose.

"Now all of our food is going to have your brown hair swimming in it." Marlene spoke with disgust.

"Shush." Lily hissed, "We're supposed to be a good example." Turning her attention to the final student, a petite girl with big lips, who was sorted into Hufflepuff. Lily clapped the loudest as the young girl ran over to the table before taking a seat on the bench.

Dumbledore rose to his feet, after the clapping had quieted, cleared his throat before beginning to speak his intelligent words, "Now that everybody is settled and sorted." Dumbledore announced, his eyes scanning across the timid first years. "I would like to remind you of a sobering fact, as some of the students at this school already know, dark times are coming upon us."

"Loss will be found it this time, and people will discover a side of themselves that they never imagined about them. But just because these dark times are ahead of use, and they are incontrovertible, they are always people around you that want to help, need help and are looking for a person to help them."

Kefira frowned at Dumbledore's speech, she saw the way the wise mans eyes paused on her for a second longer, it was almost as if Dumbledore knew what was happening at her home.

Being so caught up in her own thoughts the girl didn't notice how the food had magically appeared on the table, amd whilst the first years where gasping in awe, she was still staring at the spot the headmaster had once been.

Shaking the girls shoulder, Lily looked at Kefira in confusion, "K," Lily spoke, snapping the girl back from her thoughts, "are you okay?"

Kefira nodded, plastering a fake smile onto her face, "Yeah, i'm fine, just not hungry is all."

Kefira felt unsettled about her Professor knowing about her home life. She had always been a private person, never liking when people knew too much about her.

Kefira strained her neck, craning to see the blonde hair of her brother. She wanted to see if he thought they was anything strange about Dumbledores speech.

Instead of meeting the blue eyes of her brother, Kefira met the warm chocolate brown eyes of Daniel Brandel, her brothers closest friend, who smiled warmly at the girl.

"K," Marlene hissed, smirking at the girl, "Stop staring at Dan Brandel!"

"I wasn't staring." Kefira stated, bringing her eyes back down to glare at Marlene, a smile toying on the corner of her lips, "And his names Daniel, not Dan."

"You two were totally just having eye sex."

"Marlene!" Lily hissed, whilst Alice whacked the girl on the back of her head.

"What?" Marlene laughed, rubbing her head, "They where both definitely doing doggy style with their eyes."

Kefira glared at the girl, "I was not!" She insisted.

"Oh, sorry. Missionary."
Kefira kicked the girl under the table.

"Ouch!"

A hiss of "Evans." was heard from across the table before the girls was sandwiched between four boys. "What's the news, Lily flower." James spoke in his usual arrogant voice, twirling a strand of Lily's hair making her cheeks match the red shade of it.

Kefira glanced back towards the Ravenclaw table, feeling a pair of eyes still on her, once again she looked up to see that small smile that was still on the boy's lips as he watched the girl from his house table, an eyebrow rose as he looked at the boys that were around them, Kefira shrugged before she was interrupted by a loud gasp from her table.

"See!" Marlene exclaimed, her hand aggressively pointing towards Kefira then back towards Dan "I told you!"

"Told what?" Sirius spoke leaning in on Kefira's side.

"That her and Dan are totally having eye sex across the ha-" Kefira cut the girl off by kicking her harshly in the leg, "Stop doing that!" Marlene whined leaning down to clutch her throbbing calf.

The curly haired boy laughed, his grey eyes looking between the two. "You know something, you're right!"

"Oh fuck you, Black." Kefira hissed, her cerulean eyes boring into his.

"Fuck you too, Howendale." Sirius repeated, hardening his glare on the girl.

Kefira snorted, looking down at her plate before looking back to the boy's. "Maybe 'fuck you' will be our always." She laughed.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 04/19
Edited 21/09/20 23:26

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 04/19Edited 21/09/20 23:26