chapter five

'It's difficult to say who do you the most mischief: enemies with the worst intentions or friends with the best

'It's difficult to say who do you the most mischief: enemies with the worst intentions or friends with the best.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"Did everybody do it?" James Potter asked his friends as he places the cauldron, with peculiar purple liquid inside it, on the floor, before sitting down beside it.

Peter and Sirius both nodded their heads as they sat on the floor around the steaming cauldron.

"For a whole moon cycle." Sirius nodded, grimacing at the sight of his mushed up leaf, that was placed in a vile in his hand.

Remus sat to the side of the circle, holding a pillow up to his body. "You don't have to do this," Remus reminded, as he watched the boys pour themselves a glass of the vile looking substance, "Because— because I'm a monster!"

James rolled his eyes, "You're being dramatic. You fold your socks, Remus. Forgive me if I'm not trembling at the sight of you."

Sirius let out his barking laughter, whilst he dropped his leaf into the glass and watching as it bubbled before disintegrating into the thick liquid. Bringing the cup towards his nose Sirius smelt the potion, gagging dramatically, "It smells like Peters breath in the morning."

James let out a laugh as Peters' cheeks grew red at the comment. They all watched as Sirius downed the potion, gagging occasionally as the taste drowned his taste buds.

Once Sirius had finished the potion he brought it away from his lips, grimacing he sighed, "It doesn't taste any better than it smells."

"How do you feel?" Peter asked as he studied the liquid in his glass.

"Like I'm about to throw it back up."

"Not that!" Peter sighed, rolling his eyes as Sirius pretended to throw up, "I meant, do you feel any different?"

Sirius looked at his arms before glancing back up at his curious friends, "I feel the same." Sirius said blandly. Slowly, as Sirius sat and watched the other boys in confusion, his nose seemed to grow exceptionally long. He shrunk down onto four legs, and his black hair grew over the rest of his body.

"Hey look," James laughed, "He's a dog!"

Sirius tried to complain, preparing to retort how he was worse; that was why Lily Evans always rejected him, however, instead of his usual charming voice a loud bark escaped his lips. Sirius frowned before looking down in confusion and seeing clean, silk, black fur covering his now short legs. They had done it; he was a dog.

Sirius barked out again, his tale wagging excitedly as Peter scratched behind his ears. Leaning his head into Peters' hand, Sirius wagged his silky tail before he heard Remus' voice loudly in his sensitive ears.

"Okay, change back now." Remus said, worried for his friends safety; he knew what they were planning to do and, he didn't like the danger they were putting themselves through to help a monster like himself.

Peter followed the steps Sirius recited to him after he had changed back, and soon enough the small boy had shrunk down from all of his clothes and crawled out as the tiny little rat. A squeak escaping his tiny lips.

Soon enough James had changed into his animagus form and a large stag stood proudly in the middle of the fifth year boys dormitory. Alongside a large black dog with a chubby rat sat on its back.

"Merlin help me." Remus muttered as he looked at his friends. James made a strange noise - which would most likely be laughed if he was in his human form - as Remus dramatically put his head into his hands.

Sirius was the first to turn back, followed by Peter who laughed. James was too busy strutting around the dormitory proudly with his antlers, "That was so strange." Remus parted his lips to reply to his friend, as the door to the dormitory opened.

The animal, Remus, Peter and James (sorry I had to) stared at the door like a deer caught in headlights.

Kingsley Shacklebolt stood in the dormitory door, he looked around the room for a moment, "We'll don't you all look like a deer caught in headlights." He said, before shaking his head and proceeding to walk to his bed and picked up his Potions book, before leaving the room quietly and shutting the door behind him.

"It's a stag!" Peter shouted after him.

"Oh my god." Remus muttered, Peter and Sirius snorting and the stag made a strange noise.

"It's fine," Peter insisted, "He's walked in on worse."

"What like when you guys decided it would be fun to turn the dorm into the lake?" Remus questioned

A smirk forming its way onto Sirius face, he laughed, "Remember the time we ran around with underwear on our heads?"

Remus laughed at that shaking his head as the memory's resurfaced.

"James what the fuck you doing?" Sirius laughed, causing the other two boys attention to be dragged to him.

James, still in stag form, was dancing around the dormitory, a curtain that once hung around Sirius' bed now tangled in his antlers. He was making strange noises as he frantically tried to get them off, "Just turn back you dipshit."

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 16/04/19 15:01
Edited 22/09/20
22:58

Just a fun little chapter. Sorry for the terrible puns.

 Sorry for the terrible puns