15•Cigarette Confrontations

●・○・●・○・●・○・●'Something inside of you is hurting you, that's why you need cigarettes or whiskey, or music turned so fucking loud you can't think'●・○・●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
'Something inside of you is hurting you, that's why you need cigarettes or whiskey, or music turned so fucking loud you can't think'
●・○・●・○・●・○・●

It was a few days later that Kefira was finally better- for the time being, anyway. The blonde girl swore to herself, as she inhaled on the burning object between her fastidious fingers, that she wouldn't sink back into the trap that awaited her; she failed.

Marlene sat beside the girl, smoke billowing around them, wasted in her own thoughts staring ahead at the castle that lingered across the grass. "Why didn't you tell me?" Marlene addressed after the last of the misty smoke escaped her lips.

Kefira frowned, turning her head to give the doe-eyed girl a questioning look. "Tell you what?"

Marlene brought the cigarette to her lips once more before answering the girl, a slight grumble behind her usual soft voice. "That it was getting worse. Hell, you haven't even told use everything about it yet. Just that some days you are so sick you can't get up and others you can't stay still, and you always have to be doing something."

Kefira sighed blowing a puff of smoke into the chilly Autumn air, watching how the smoke waved in the breeze, before shifting her attention back to the girl beside her. She always knew this day would come, the day one of her friends would want more of an explanation than the vague one she gave them in third-year, but somehow, now that one of them had asked, her lips felt dry and she couldn't form the words she wished to speak.

"There's not an awful lot I can say, if I'm being honest, I don't even know much myself," Kefira admitted, flicking the forming stud of the burning stick in her hand onto the dewy grass. "All that I know is; the first time it happened I was ten- not long before we came to Hogwarts, now that I think about it- my parents, being who they are forcing me to get up. I can't really remember a lot about that day, but Lee said I look like an inferi. and then the next day I was better-no- infact I was better than that. I just wanted to do something. And whatever I did, once I finished it I had to do something else."

Marlene listened to the girl closely, forgetting about the poisonous stick that was fiddled between her fingers, she paid close attention as for once her best friend opened up to her. "Lee and Angelia would try to get me to bed on a night- before mother and father realized- but as soon as they left I would get back up and go and complete whatever task I set my mind to that day. I remember, once we were supposed to be getting ready to go to a ball at Malfoy Manor, I was supposed to be getting ready but I was to busy trying to reorganize the kitchen- much to the house elves displeasure- that Sarah was looking for me and only found me half an hour before we were due to leave. I was still stood there in clothes that mother and father would not approve of. It wasn't long later that Angelia and Lee actually realized that something was wrong with me. I was around twelve when they actually figured it out."

Marlene furrowed her eyebrows leaning her head back against the patterned trunk of the large oak tree, processing the words her blonde haired friends had just shared with her. "But.... but if you found out when you was twelve. You kept it from use for an entire year?"

Marlene didn't mean to make it sound like a question, sure Kefira had lied to the girls for a whole year but she couldn't blame her, not really. After all, everyone has their secrets, Kefira's just happened to be a rather big one.

"I wanted to tell you all- really!" Kefira insisted, "I just, I didn't really understand myself. I still don't."

Marlene sighed allowing her cerulean-eyed friend to rest her head on her shoulder, rubbing her back with her arm in an attempt to calm the girl. "I know." Marlene soothed, "But we'll get this sorted, I promise."