30•Banishing the Memories

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

'Concealing your emotions only gives the beast enough power to kill you'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

It got worse.

A lot worse.

People could see the change in Kefira; physically and mentally, her clothes had grown baggier and her face turned a deathly pale- it most likely didn't help that she hadn't eaten nearly a slice of bread in the last two weeks. Her days were filled with her smoking in the courtyard now; only smoking. Escaping the reality of her life.

She tried to divide the attention away from her, informing her friends that she had eaten in the kitchens earlier, or by telling her brother she had just gotten ill. It seemed to work, for the most part.

Kefira placed the cigarette back to her lips, inhaling the toxin and feeling the nicotine swim through her veins. She placed the cigarette back to her side, parting her lips to let the wisps of the silver-grey smoke tumble of her rosy lips, it curled and danced it's the way through the thick, hazy air as if excited to escape.

Her cerulean eyes focused on the huge cloud filled by light to create abstract colours out of the light mist still hanging in the air. She watched as they twirled and danced around each other, their opaque colour curling with the other whisps- ones that seemed much darker than others.

The smoke parted as a figure emerged through, Kefira only saw the look of leather boots before her eyes trailed up. There- stood before her- was the one and only Ophelia Dales.

Ophelia was the complete opposite to Kefira, for whilst she had golden blonde locks that reached her waist, hers was the black of aged mahogany that swiftly brushed against her collar bone. Where Kefira's eyes were a vivid blue, Ophelia's was a dark brown one that seemed to hold a sense of darkness in them, Alongside the red tint that usually filled her eyes.

Ophelia didn't seem to fret over the two girls differences, Kefira found it quite comical how she so calmly sat down beside the girl. She pulled out a cigarette- except it wasn't quite a cigarette for whilst Kefira's was filled with tobacco, the main ingredients in the other girls was a drug that the blonde had only ever tried a few times in her short life, it made her feel amazing she wouldn't deny, however, knew that it didn't agree with her body and eventually forced herself to part with the wondrous drug; weed.

She used a muggle lighter to light the stick, before taking in a lungful of the smoke and allowing the amazing feeling of a high begin to approach her. Kefira looked at her confused, "Using magic seems to take something away from it, it doesn't feel as good."

Kefira nodded, she had never really considered that before, but then again she never had used a muggle lighter. For she was a pureblood, and no matter how hard she tried to annoy her parents, the girl had yet to get her hands on a muggle lighter. "I'll have to try that out."

Ophelia took a deep inhalation on her joint, relishing in the feeling it created before she turned her head to face the girl, "So why are you out here, sitting by a tree, looking so depressed?" her voice seemed to hold genuine curiosity as she looked at the girl, something she didn't expect from a Hufflepuff.

"Shit happens." She replied, it was a simple answer, yet the most genuine one she had given in what seemed like years. For weeks now she had been lying to her friends, not telling them her actual worries.

"That it does." Ophelia agreed.

"So what about you," Kefira questioned as she looked at the Hufflepuff, whose eyes began to glaze over as her high approached.

"Since when did Hufflepuff's break the rules and smoke at school?"

Ophelia rolled her chocolate eyes- ones that very much reminded the girl of Daniel's. "The only reason Hufflepuffs are so relaxed is that they're high majority of the time."

Kefira laughed, just now recalling the number of red eyes she had seen in Hufflepuff robes, "I always assumed the red eye's where from crying beside people. What do you call it? Oh yeah, taking away some of their pain and taking it yourself."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "No. Most of the time everyone third year up is high." Ophelia laughed, as if recalling an old memory, "It's actually quite comical when the first time people get high and are trying to tap on the barrels in the right tune to get into the common room,"

"And here I thought Hufflepuff's spent their time looking for their socks and holding doors open." Kefira laughed, taking another long drag from her cigarette, "Life sucks."

"That it does."

What Ophelia didn't know is that Kefira's vision meant a lot more then she would ever have guessed.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Published 24/12/19 19:10