37•Instant regrets

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

'brother

noun (bruhth-er)

a person who is there when you need him; someone who picks you up when you fall; a person who sticks up for you when no one else will; a brother is always a friend'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"We left her there, James." Sirius stressed, pacing the room, "We keft her there to die."

James Potter rose from his seat situated on the sofa and placed a hand on his mate's shoulder, "Brother," He spoke, gaining his attention immediately. Sirius snapped his misty eyes towards James, looking at him intently, "She didn't want to come."

Sirius broke free of James' piercing gaze and began pacing the room once again, "I should have convinced her. Tried harder to make her come. What if I go back- talk to her- convince her-"

"Sirius," James spoke, his tone harsh and rational. He wouldn't let his brother put himself back in danger, "If you go back they'll kill you-"

"-and if Kefira stays they'll kill her." Sirius cut in, running a hand through his tangled hair, "She looked as good as dead when we left- why did we leave her!"

"I'm sorry." James spoke, walking forward towards Sirius, "I know you loved her, but there's nothing you can do-"

"Love. I love her." Sirius corrected, sitting on the edge of the settee. "She's not gone yet. I'm going to get her back."

"Okay." James agreed, "But tomorrow. Sirius its late- you need a clear head for this."

Hesitantly Sirius agreed and together the two decended upstairs to rest. James furrowed his eyebrows as he leaned forward and rested his hands on his knees, Sirius laid asleep on the matress on the floor, Lee on another. Euphemia (James' mother) was still decorating the rooms she had assigned to each of the boys and didn't want them to see them until she had crafted them to perfection, meaning the boys didn't yet have a room to call their own.

He watched his bestfriend as he slept peacefully on the matress, he couldn't let him go back, James didn't know how but he needed to stop him. This meant he did what he always did when he was in a crisis, he wrote out to his darling Evans.

Lily Evans was there bright and early the next day, the sun only just peaking over the trees that consumed the house, at first she had being cautious when she saw the cursive writing she had grown accostomed to and contemplated for several minutes whether to bin the letter and save herself the drama. However, after several moments of serious contemplating tempation beat her and she hastily opened the letter, finding herself ringing the Potter's doorbell only hours later.

Her fist banged on the door, as she tapped her foot impatiently on the cobbled pathway. Moments later the charming smile of Fleamont Potter opened the door, "You must be Lily!" he spoke cheerfully throwing his arms up in the air, "James has told us all about you of cause."

Lily snorted, as Mr Potter stood to the side and allowed Lily to enter their fabulous home, "Really, What did he say? Nothing too bad I hope."

Fleamont chuckled as he guided her into the kitchen where Mrs Potter stod brewing something spectacular smelling on the stove, "Of cause not!" Fleamont laughed, "Only that you're the girl of his dreams! Between you and me." Fleamont leaned closer, "I think you've hit a soft spot with that son of ours." Euphemia nodded in agreement by the stove.

Lily's cheeks turned crimson, "Oh, I don't-"

"Evans, you're here!" Lily whipped her head around to face James who stood in the doorway of the kitchen with a cheshire grin on his face, she groaned in response.

If only Lily knew what this was the beginning of.

Their plan to stop Sirius wasn't very good. No doubt about that, but it would work. When would be the next time he would speak to them was a whole other situation, if he ever would. It's sirius he couldn't stay mad for long.

"James Fleamont Potter, you specticalized git let me go!" James stood frozen, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The pain of his brother was raidiating off him in poisonous waves but the sight was enough to break that. Sirius Black laid out flat on his back whilst on his matress, his body stiff and he was glaring up at the ceiling, his moutb shouting profanaties as he moved his eyes around to try and glare at his friend. "Evans-Evans, get your specky boyfriend to let me go."

Lily stiffled a laugh behind her hand, "Since when where you two so close anyway- I thought he was an arrogant toerag!"

"Sirius, we're sorry!" Lily pleaded as she walked forward into his viewline, " We didn't want you putting yourself in danger to try and save her. They would've killed you!"

Sirius glared up at the ceiling, "Well i suppose it doesn't matter now, does it?"

"What doesn't matter?" Lily questioned, stepping further forwards and placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"She's married now if she tried to leave- she wouldn't even know where to go. I can't do this without her Lily."  Sirius directed his eyes towards the girl tears welling in his eyes obstructing the stormy clouds that girls longed to look into, "I can't do this without her because; I love her. I love her Lils, and I can't live without her." Sirius let out a sob as he looked back towards the ceiling, "I can't live knowing I left her behind, I left her to die."

Lily didn't reply, she merely knelt down on the carpet-covered floor and wrapped her arms around the broken boy as he sobbed into her shoulder.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 15/05/20 18:04
Not even read it through

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 15/05/20 18:04Not even read it through