18•The Navy Blue Dress

●・○・●・○・●・○・●'Darling, it wouldn't be a party without you

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
'Darling, it wouldn't be a party without you.'
●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Kefira was unsure why everybody was so excited about this party; so excited, in fact, that Lily began to panic that her dress hadn't arrived. On the day of the party.

To her relief in the morning mail on the 2nd of November, a small beady-eyed owl came soaring through the great hall. Another close behind- each with a large box that they seemingly struggled to carry.

Students watched in amusement as the two owls continued to wabble with their boxes, Letting out a rather unpleasant hoot after they had placed the boxes in front of the two girls.

Kefira sighed, passing a slice of carefully cooked toast (from the middle of the table) and ripped it into two before giving half to her owl, Fidel, and the other to the black-furred sharp-eyed owl that sat on the other box. Whilst Fidel appreciably took the toast, nibbling on it's slightly crusted to perfection edge, the other owl hooted angrily before snatching it out of her delicate fingers and flying away.

Kefira held back a laugh as she watched her owl, she found it amusing how Fidel seemed to roll his purple eyes at the other owl.

Lily let out a high-pitched squeal as she opened her box; her dress was rather similar to Alice's, it held the same innocents towards it. The Purple material made to compliment her soft green eyes.

Kefira didn't wish to open her box, she trusted Mrs. Evans' judgment better than she did her own. Knowing that whatever the woman crafted for her would be amazing, Kefira shuffled to the side, placing the cardboard box on the side next to her.

"Aren't you going to open it?" Lily asked once she had finished fawning over her dress, the shimmering as the light caught the gems that lined it shoes that went with it as well.

Kefira shrugged, "I trust your mother." Kefira took a sip of her pumpkin juice- it was one of the only things the girls could digest in a morning- before running a hand through her golden locks. "I'll see it in a few hours anyway."

Lily also knew how Kefira saw her own mother as her own. Knowing she had a bad life at home Lily didn't complain, she just didn't know how bad it was. That's why as it reached 3pm, she was excited to drag her friends to the dormitory. Purely to see what her mother had created for the girl.

Lily was the most excited- closely followed by Marlene- the two were running around, throwing products at each other and stressing out about their hair.

Meanwhile, Alice and Kefira calmly sat on their assigned beds bemused smiled consuming their faces as they watched their two friends.

Alice cracked at an hour and thirty minuted before the party was due to start- going into the bathroom to put on her dress. And it wasn't long later that Marlene was ready and began to drag her best friend to the vanity chair and began to apply bright makeup to her petite face.