38•Left Behind

To get into power you have to be willing to make sacrifices and lose the ones you love

To get into power you have to be willing to make sacrifices and lose the ones you love. Because after all; you can have it all.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Kefira felt broken inside. She had made a friend she supposed, maybe not quite a friend, but she was something. Narcissa Black was only a few years older than Kefira herself and was due to marry Lucius Malfoy during the upcoming year. Apparently, the Malfoys wasn't as rushed as the Lestranges.

Following the night of her wedding, Narcissa had introduced herself and offered a pitiful smile towards the younger girl. They quickly became close friends. She spent as much time as was allowed with Narcissa, planning the wedding with her. Doing anything she could to stay away from Rabastan. Luckly, over the years it seems Narcissa has gained more authority to what Kefira had.

However, no matter how much time she spent by Narcissa's side Rabastan would make up for it when he saw her. Kefira felt dirty, and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't wash off the filth. School had already started again, she had sat there that day on September 1st watching the clock beside her bed as it flickered over to 11 o'clock, before sighing and laying back down on her bed and allowing the pain to wash her away.

She couldn't help but wonder; wonder if they where looking out for her, waiting to see if she'll walk through the barrier and onto the train. Or even if they cared at all. If she could go back in time she would; she'd do anything to go back to the days she was- not happier, she hasn't being happy in years- but better, where they where enjoyable moments in her days. She misses the laughs of her friends, and the arguments with the Marauders. She misses Leonard, how no matter the circumstances he could make her smile; he could brighten up the darkness in her days. Now it was different, they was nothing at all, nothing but darkness.

She knew her old friends would be fine without her, they didn't need her, they wouldn't even notice she was missing.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"I cant do this without her, there's just this gap where she should be," Marlene cried out whilst the Hogwarts express sped towards Scotland.

Lily sighed placing her book down, "I know it's hard." Lily reasoned, "But we have to be strong, not only for Lee, but for Sirius too. He hasn't done anything all summer, James is really worried about him."

Alice sat more straight at this, "What, why?"

"Well.... im not sure if i sure really tell you this, but the night Sirius and Lee left James asked me to come over. Sirius wanted to go back and rescue her. He said he couldn't live without her- he said.... he said he loved her. I'm really worried about him."

Marlene and Aliced gaped at their friend, "What, seriously?" Only for Lily to nod solemnly, the three girls heads whipped around to the sound of the door to their compartment sliding open. Remus Lupin entered the compartment and lowered himself into a seat, behind him followed Sirius Black, whose hair was a mess and stubble had begun to show on his chin as he laizly rested his head against the compartment wall.

"James and Peter have gone to look for the Trolly, tried telling them it's too early the train only started moving a bit ago but you know what they're like," Remus chuckled, "James almost has all the chocolate frog cards and is determined to make it a full set by the end of the year."

"You alright Sirius?" Alice queried as she slightly nudged the boy to snap him out of his daze.

Sirius shook his head and parted his dry lips, "I thought she would come. I really thought she would be here."

Alice didn't know what to reply and was therefore glad when Peter Pettigrew and James Potter came bounding into the compartment, mountains of sweets stocked in their arms. "Took a bit of convincing but we managed to get her to give us some early."

Peter Pettigrew slumped himself in the seat between Alice and Sirius and nudged his friend on the arm with him chubby elbow, "Look, i got your favourite." Dropping the countless sweets onto his plump legs Peter searched through them retreiving several boxes of cauldron cakes and handing them over to his friend whilst beaming at him.

Sirius let out a smile as he sat up straighter and ruffled the boys hair, "Thanks, Peter."

"I also got some treacle tarts, anybody want one?"Peter said offering the box around, this made Alice chuckle and greatfully take one from the plump boy.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 16/05/20 16:56
Thank you so much for all the support on the last chapter

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 16/05/20 16:56Thank you so much for all the support on the last chapter