16•The Letter?

●・○・●・○・●・○・● 'A true friend is someone you can trust with all your secrets

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
'A true friend is someone you can trust with all your secrets.'
●・○・●・○・●・○・●

An hour or so, and more than a few cigarettes, later Marlene and Kefira had finally decided to put their lighters away in their robe pockets and took a stroll up the hill back towards the castle.

The girls walked into the castle, warmth embracing them, as the chatter of the great hall grew louder in their ears. A sweet smell of toast lingered in the air, filling the two girls nostrils. Entering the great hall, students lined the house tables, where a full English breakfast laid on the middle of each table, among cereal boxes and various other options.

Kefira was never a fan of breakfast, the thought of eating something so early in the morning made her feel nauseous. However, as the girl walked between the tables, she found herself craving two slices of cheese.

Therefore, when the girl sat down at the Gryffindor table beside Lily she placed two slices of cheese on her small oval plate.

Lily faked a gag- it maybe it was real- as she placed the sleeve of her robes over her nose. "You stink of smoke so bad!" The redhead whined. "You know, recent research from muggles have discovered that smoking is bad and that it may even be the cause of some deadly diseases."

Kefira snorted ripping a piece of cheese apart, "Muggles suggest a lot of things, and guess what? Most of the time it's bullshit."

Lily rolled her eyes, turning back towards her plate (a pancake with a face crafted out of blueberries and whipped cream.)

"What's got you so happy?" Marlene asked as she turned her attention to Alice who was glancing across at the Hufflepuff table, a smile brighter than the sun shining on her petite face.

Alice's eyes glazed over as she looked at the handsome Hufflepuff, who was shamelessly smiling back at her Marlene placed her head on her shoulder, her doey brown eyes following her friends green.

Withdrawing her head from her friend's shoulder, Marlene gaped at her, "Are you smiling at Bradley?" The girl exclaimed, "Bradley Hemmingway?"

Alice blushed, her attention breaking away from the hazel-eyed beauty, turning her attention to her friend she parted her lips to speak, "I-"

"Are you two shagging?" Marlene questioned, earning a whack on the arm from a very flabergasted Lily Evans. "You go, girl! He's a seventh year as well." Pausing for a moment, the girl looked between the Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor before a smirk (which usually held mischief) grew on her face. "Is it big?"

Lily slapped the girl harder this time, leaving a red welt behind where her hand had once been. "Marlene!" Lily exclaimed. "Don't be so rude!"

Although Alice was blushing it was an attractive blush adding colour to her structured cheeks, "I- No....were....um- were dating."