47•Making Amends

'To forgive is to set a prisoner free

'To forgive is to set a prisoner free....and discover that prisoner was you.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Kefira groaned lightly, her eyes squinting from the blinding light as she studied her surroundings; she was in the hospital wing, Kefira sat up rapidly her breathing increasing. "Hey, hey, it's okay." She felt a hand pressing on her shoulder, forcing the girl to lay back down. Her eyes snapped up, landing on the figure of Remus Lupin who stood beside her bed.

"Remus?" Kefira groaned, pushing his hand off her shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

Remus sighed, sitting on the seat beside her bed, "I got injured in Defence yesterday. Madame Promfrey had to keep me over night."

"There's no Defence lessons on Thursdays." Kefira raised an eyebrow.

Remus looked away awkwardly, cautiously running a hand over the fresh scar that traveled up his right arm, "What about you then, what happened?"

Kefira furrowed her eyebrows, "Did you know there's Death Eaters in the school?"

Remus glanced back at her, "Who?"

"Does it matter?" She said honestly, "We were always told that Hogwarts is a safe place and yet the devils invade the castle's halls."

"There's a war coming, Kefira." Remus said honestly, grasping the fragile girls hands the paleness of their skin blending together smoothly, "It's best to have friends rather than enemies in a time like this."

Kefira sat up, her muscles groaning in protest as tears filled her eyes, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She cried out, "I've being so horrible to you all, I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

Remus pulled the sobbing girl into a hug, "It's okay, It's okay."

And it was at that moment she became friends again with Remus John Lupin, spending the remained of the day sat in the Hospital Wing catching up; Remus telling her longingly about Alice, and their perfect relationship, which Kefira listened to eagerly.

The sun was setting, reflecting beautifully of the freshly fallen snow by the time Kefira and Remus left the Hospital wing. The two walked down to the Great Hall where she entered beside Remus, "You ready?" He asked her as their eyes landed on their group of friends who sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table, due to the constant need for the Marauders to be center of attention.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She took deep breath ash they began towards the group. Remus sat first, beside Alice as Kefira stood awkwardly for a second before walking to the other side and sitting beside Lily, glancing down at the table awkwardly to ignore the prying stares, she then looked up meeting the grass-green of her old best friend, "Lily, I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." A single tear ran down her face as she looked at the redhead who embraced her longingly.

"It's okay." Lily sobbed into the embrace, "I've missed you so much." And it was at that moment Lily made amends with her friends.

James Potter - who sat opposite the girl - placed his hand in her shoulder, "Well I, for one, are glad you're back!"

Kefira hadn't felt this sense of happiness in such a long time, not even when she was with the Weasleys, she felt free for once.

Talking to Leonard was a different matter. He was angry at Kefira; angry how she chose to ignore him even when she was attempting to piece his life back together.

It took several attempts, and talking to Daniel (who had chosen to forgive her and move on) before Leonard even contemplated forgiving his twin.

The forgiveness process took longer than she hoped, but Kefira was willing to wait, in the end she just wanted her brother back.

Eventually Leonard sat on The Three Broomsticks, Kefira across the oak table and two steaming Butterbeers between the two  when he finally chose to forgive the girl.

Kefira had never felt more at peace than in that moment, knowing her friends had accepted her back into their lives; after all - does blood really make a family?

It was the same for the rest of the year, happiness and joy; although Kefira knew she would have a lot of apologies to hand out, this was a good start. No matter how hard she tried to deny it, these where her true friends, and they would love her no matter what she tried to do to convince her otherwise; some more than others.

・○・・○・・○・

Published 08/06/20 23:46

I forgot all about lee when I was writing this chapter and had to come back and put him in.
I'm sorry it's short :/
Also this isn't edited because I'm going to put this entire book under major editing once it's completed anyway.