49•Halloween Festives

'You can't blame gravity for falling in love

'You can't blame gravity for falling in love.'

・○・・○・・○・

The classes for Seventh Years where even more challenging then they where for Sixth; Professors where harassing their students about work, at every turn. And the classes where even more challenging. Dedicated students had to stay up late into the night, working hard, to keep their grades up; some where more dedicated than others. Kefira Howendale and her group of friends where no different.

The group of usually rowdy Gryffindors could be found hidden in the depths of the library minutes before curfew, stacks of books surrounding them, heads buried deep over them. Before Madame Prince would have to head over to the group and announce the Library was closing. The group would then retreat to the common room where they would continue working until late hours into the night.

Nobody had to work harder than Kefira, every night she was the last to bed and in a morning the first awake. She would spend all of her free time revising or asking her teachers if she could do extra work.

Professor Slughorn grew rather fond of the small blonde girl, welcoming her into his class during her free periods where she would sit in the back of his class and practice working on potions she had yet to master; Slughorn praised the girl and would help her whenever he thought necessary.

The pattern continued until late October, carved pumpkins and bowls of sweets littered the Great Hall; the group of Gryffindors sat happily in the centre.

Kefira Sat beside them, huddled over a Herbology book, studying profusely; until the book was snatched from under her, "Oh, come on, Kefira, it's Halloween!" Marlene groaned, stuffing the book into the girls bag, "You should be stuffing your face like the rest of us!"

Remus laughed, throwing a cauldron cake across the table towards the blonde girl, who caught it great fully, "I hate Halloween, though." She sighed, opening the cauldron cake.

James fake gasped, turning to Sirius, "Did she just say she hates Halloween?"

Sirius leaned on James, "I think she just destroyed me." The two then began fake sobbing into each others shoulders.

"You wont hate it later, when you're partying." Alice laughed nudging the girl, suggestively; hinting towards the party being hosted in the Gryffindor common room later that
evening.

Lily then gasped - from beside James - looking at her watch, "We need to get going."

Marlene then leaned over to look at Lily's watch, also gasping dramatically, "You're right!" She shrieked, "We need to get ready!"

Alice looked at the two, a confused glimmer in her eye, "Now, really?"

Marlene modded aggressively, forcing them to stand up. Kefira looked at her watch, "How long do you think it takes to get ready? It's only four o'clock. Unless you're planning on painting Picasso on your face, then I don't think we need to leave now."