26•A Visit Home

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

'As you grow older your Christmas list gets shorter because the things you want can't be bought anymore.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

It wasn't long later did Christmas roll around and Kefira found herself sat on the train back to London; from North to South.

Her face was pressed against the window, the skies were overhung with a blanket of grey, so much so that Kefira couldn't barely tell the difference between the sky and clouds.

She hated the rain with a deep passion, the gloomy weather seemed to bring the girls moods down even more. It seemed others noticed it as well.

Her hands were intertwined with Daniel's who sat beside her in the carriage. Across from the two sat Bradley Hemmingway and Alice Fortescue, their hands intertwined, seeming as though the way they were sat they was mocking the two.

Kefira hated train rides, the movement of the carriage and the trembling of the floor below her made the girl feel slightly nauseous. She was never one to voice her feelings- as many would have figured. Kefira Howendale was more the type of girl to hold back her feeling, and not let anybody know until they could physically see her falling apart.

Kefira held a book in her hand, and whilst the cool glass was pressed against her feet would be read the book, feeling the words that were almost like a song run through her veins.

'I didn't know at the time; I didn't know that I was made to be something different. I never would've believed, not even as a child, that this was what my fate held. I remember the fantasies I would make up in my head, about the powers I possessed. I remember imagining I held the strongest powers. That I could run at the speed of light. That I could swim to the bottom of the deepest ocean, not once needing to come back up for air. And now, here I stand. Now that everyone around me had their fate resting in my hands, I realize that maybe those weren't fantasies. Maybe all of those times that I would get lost in my imagination where real. Maybe I am different, and maybe this is who I want to be.'

Kefira closed her book as she felt the train coming to a halt. Lily was the first to stand up, using the balls of her feet to reach up onto the racks to bring down her suitcase. It was then did Lily turn to face her friends, a heartwarming smile on her face, "See you all sometime in the holidays, alright?"

Receiving a nod from the group, Lily began her way out of the compartment hurrying down the train and out of the doors looking for her parents, the people who she had missed dearly.

Her friends followed behind her, a lot slower than the girl was but, as they left the train they just saw Evan's household catching up. Her parents had smiles covering their faces, they were genuinely happy to see their daughter. Kefira couldn't say the same for her parents.

She turned to Daniel, a sheepish smile on her face. "I uh- I need to go." She gestured her head to where her parents were looking around for her until she muttered, "My parents are waiting for me."

Daniel nodded, pressing his hand on the small of her back to bring her closer, her peppered a light kiss on the girl's lips before allowing her to go. Both of their faces beetroot red now.

Kefira felt a smile run onto her face, beyond the redness, as she walked away. The smile soon faded, however, as she felt the sickening feeling as she looked at her parents.

Leonard gave her a pitiful smile as he stood beside their parents, it became clear to Kefira that Mr. and Mrs. Howendale had seen the small moment Kefira just had with her half-blood boyfriend- something her parents would never agree to.

Her parents didn't even bother saying anything as the girl approached them, her father just grabbed her arm and she felt the sickening feeling of the apparation as she was sucked through a tunnel, her insides turned inside out. She would never get use to it, even though she was brought up with apparition being one of the only means of transport.

She felt herself land on the floor of the manner they lived in, something she was supposed to call home. Hogwarts was her home, ever since she stepped through the castle doorways.

"You ungrateful brat."Her father sneered at her, watching as the girl fell to the floor, "How dare you even consider talking to one of those animals? After everything, we've given you. Fed you, given you, shelter under our roof. And you go around associating yourself with a half-blood."

Her father spat the word like it was poison on his tongue, almost as if it was painful for him to say. It made Kefira sick to her stomach.

Her mother nor brother was in the room, so Kefira could only imagine that her father had brought them straight to his study, as he towered over the girl.

Her father's study was forbidden to the children, to anyone really, no other members of the house had entered the room without leaving with a bleeding wound after.

Kefira looked at her father in disgust, her blue eye's bored into his dullened own. His gaze never faltered, however, not even as he brandished his wand out of his robe pocket, not as he pointed it towards his least favorite child with a sickening smirk on his face. Not even as he muttered the word.

"Crucio."

The pain Kefira felt was unbearable. He mind was unable to function as pain seared through her abdomen better than a branding iron could, her mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion. Without her even noticing her body curled into some fetal position, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates. It wasn't the type of pain one could ignore. It wasn't the type of pain that, with a tight grip to a table you could continue like they were no harm, no this pain was like somebody was ripping her body apart. Bit by bit, piece by piece. Almost as painful as somebody tauntingly ripping a plaster off, we all know it's better to rip it. But unlike this not a single thought would even process in her mind.

She didn't even know if the metallic taste in her mouth was a side effect of the torture or if it was another scar that would soon control her body.

Kefira didn't know what was real anymore.

And that's why she gave up. She just laid on the floor and let the pain wash over her, not even knowing if the screams were escaping her lips.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Published 16/11/19 15:14