48•Asking for a Hand

'No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone

'No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone.'
・○・・○・・○・

Sixth year ended in a blur, summer flying by in a mass of redheads and cheerful laughter, however, one thing stood out from her summer; she had received a letter - from her mother. Kefira had decided it was best to keep the information inside that letter away from the Weasleys - after all she didn't want to get a growing family caught up in the brewing war due to her. Especially now Molly was pregnant again, bringing her child count up to four when the baby was born.

She couldn't imagine how it would feel for her to lose one of them thanks to her.

"Eek, Kefira!" Marlene threw herself at her friend, swinging her body around excitedly, "It's being so long!"

"We literally all met up only last week." Kefira rolled her eyes at her friends' dramatics. Marlene rolled her eyes muttering something under her breath as she sat back down, whilst Lily laughed by the window at her crazy friends.

Just as Kefira sat down beside her redheaded friend, the compartment door slid open. James Potter, with his usual arrogant smirk, entered the compartment throwing a wink a Lily who blushed fiercely in the corner, "Lily flower." He then proceeded to sit in the seat opposite the blushing redheads.

"Potter," Lily replied acknowledging his presence. In behind the arrogant - although seriously improved - boy his band of misfits followed; first was Remus who nodded slightly at Alice (since the two had now broken up) before sitting against the wall of the compartment, next was Peter, who seemed rather excited and hugged Kefira as he sat beside her, "I've missed you!" He exclaimed happily, Kefira smiling at the sweet boy. And lastly, Sirius, who stopped in the doorway as blue met grey. Awkwardly clearing his throat he then sat against the wall opposite to Remus.

The silence was deafening as the group waited for the train to start, causing Kefira to sigh and take her NEWTS potion book out of her bag. Then, the girl began reading about Felix Felicis- a potion she missed out on due to her absence for most of her sixth year.

As the Hogwarts express began moving as the clock chimed for eleven o'clock and the train began moving, James sighed, "Well, Lily Flower, I think it's time we get going."

Alice furrowed her eyebrows, "Where?"

James smiled triumphantly, "Head Boy duties, of cause, and Remus, try not to be late for the Prefect meeting."

Marlene gaped - looking at the bespeckled boy in shock, "You - seriously? I mean Lily, sure - but you? Was Dumbledore on crack when he chose you?" Kefira laughed melodiously.

James gasped, seeming offended, "I'm rather intellectual, I'll have you know."

Remus sighed, not removing his gaze from his book 'Macbeth', "We would believe you if only you knew what 'intellectual' meant."

James fake gasped, "I know what it means," However, looking at the expecting faces of his friends, he sighed, grabbing Lily's hand and dragging her out of the compartment, "I don;t have time to explain it to all you imbeciles, Lily and i have some very important issues to attend to."

The group chuckled lightly as the two left the compartment, Remus sighing as he closed his book, "Yes, I guess I better be going now aswell." He then proceeded to place his book into his bag, "Give me strength now that James isThe Head Boy." Then the scarred boy left the compartment.

The next few moments was filled with Marlene chatting nonsense about a muggleboy who she had met whilst on holiday in France. Kefira chose to ignore her and instead focused on the outcomes of Felix Felicis. "I'm going to look for the Trolley Lady." Peter announced, standing up from his seat.

Kefira followed suit, "I'll come with you." Placing her book on the seat where she had sat only moments before.

Peter nodded and allowed the girl to follow behind him and into the corridor of the train, his shoulder bumping into hers occasionally, "What's wrong?" He questioned, noticing her frown, as she studied her feet as she walked.

Kefira swallowed, looking at the boy, "My mother sent me a letter during the holidays." She said as she swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat.

Peter stopped, placing his arm on her shoulder, "Saying what?" He asked concerningly.

Kefira looked away, her eyes never landing on the small body and instead watched the greenery outside as it flew past, "If I don't join Voldemort... they'll...." she trailed off, tears forming in her eyes.

"They'll what?" Peter asked again, this time his heart beating furiously in his chest.

Her blue orbs flickered up to his blue frowning back at her, "they won't just injure me.... they'll kill me." She gulped.

Peter looked around, "What did they do to you last time, Kefira? When you where found in the corridor after potions?"

She breathed heavily, her heart beating furiously in her chest, "they used the Cruciatus Curse on me." She said - her voice low.

"What! Who?" He asked, now dragging her to the side, preventing any students passing by overhearing their conversation.

"Does it matter?" She asked honestly, her hands fiddling with the other nervously, "I'm scared, Peter."

He looked around, avoiding the fragile girl as he thought - he wasn't going to let her hurt anymore, even if that meant he had to make sacrifices himself, "I'll sort it out."

"What? No, Peter, you don't understand they're dangerous." Kefira protested.

Peter smiled lightly, "I'd risk my life for you, Kefira. You're one of my best friends, I'd never want to see you suffer."

Kefira smiles, throwing her arms around the chubby body, "Thank you, Peter." Little die she know how this would change everything for the small boy.

・○・・○・・○・

Published 09/06/20 23:50

So, I finished writing the final chapter just before I decided to publish this.... no, that doesn't mean I've wrote the entire book theres still all the chapters between this one and the last to write. But, I am really proud of the last chapter, I kind've had my Sad Songs playlist on whilst writing it and I was actually crying.
Also, is it just me that thinks Elijah Mikaelson would make a good Remus Lupin?