21•The Older One

●・○・●・○・●・○・●   'What you can't say owns you, what you hide controls you

●・○・●・○・●・○・●   'What you can't say owns you, what you hide controls you.'
●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"What the hell happened?" A roaring voice sounded from the entrance of the hospital wing. Furious blue eyes glared at everything in the tempers way, until he made it beside his little sister.

Her face was a ghostly pale, eyes sunken into her face. Cloths of cold water over her forehead as Madame Pomfrey could only pray for the fever to break. The sight of her weakened body made Leonard all the angrier, "What, the hell, happened?" He tried to take deep breaths, as he repeated it again, to calm his nerves; his sister couldn't be ill. When she gets ill she usually ends up in St. Mungos- and that was never a good thing.

"We think- we think the alcohol she had last night made her ill," Lily spoke, her slim figure trembling in concern- and fear, for it was known for Leonard Howendale to have a rather bad temper when he wanted. Just like his sister; Kefira.

"The alcohol," Lee muttered under his breath, of cause he had seen how drunk his sister had gotten the night before, as he- being rather good friends with the plump of a boy- had been invited to the party. He didn't think there was a problem with her getting drunk for it was the first time in a while that he had seen such a genuine smile on her face.

He was also pleased that Kefira had chosen his friend to dance with that night because, although he would never deny it, he would much rather his little sister to be dating Daniel Bradley than some other player boy; who had their eyes on her last night

He knew many boys- and even some girls- found his sister attractive, as many had come to him before in an attempt to become friends with the boy to get closer to the girl. Lee wasn't stupid- he knew why they wanted to be friends with him. Lee would admit that he wasn't popular, he was rather the opposite really. He had one or two close friends, the rest he knew wanted him to do their homework for them- or become closer with his sister, girls, and boys alike.

A slight groan rang out of the girl's lips- followed by a hand reaching up to her head. Marlene was the first to step forward, glancing down at her best friend in pity, questions drowning the girl, whilst Lee stood back as he watched his sister interact with her friends before he would interrupt.

Unfortunately, as the girl's eyes opened they almost immediately got glued to her brother, the vivid blue sinking into the boy. "Why do you look so pissed?" She asked, either not hearing the questions Marlene asked her or completely ignoring them.

"I thought you were dead." Lee replied honestly, taking two steps forward- no more, no less- he would have only taken one forward, however, he didn't wish to face the wrath of his sister from doing an 'awkward' amount of steps.

"Well," Kefira spoke, her voice croaking from the dryness, "I'm alive!" She was about to throw her arms up- to prove her point of well being- however, decided against it as a pain shot through her fragile spine at that movement.

"I can see that." Lee muttered, rolling his equally vivid eyes, "But I'm the older one- therefore responsible for you."

Kefira sighed, placing a scratched hand on her forehead, "Lee.... you're like ten minutes older than me."

"Best ten minutes of my life." Lee sighed, placing a hand over his heart.

"Fuck you."

"Ew." Leonard expressed, "I'm your brother."

△▽△▽△

It had been while before her friends and brother decided to leave, leaving Kefira to her thoughts, she would never admit this but she was glad that they had gone. Not to sound rude, but her head was pounding in her ears, making her feel quizey, and her friends laughing and talking around her didn't help the sickening feeling that was rising up her throat.

Madame Pomfrey had fussed around the girl, throwing potions and spells at her alike, after the maiden had finished attending to the girl she requested her to get some sleep. Kefira agreed at that time, as she still lacked in sleep from the night before.

However now, as the girl laid on the composed hospital bed, Kefira found herself unable to sleep; her eyes were closed but her mind was busy thinking. What were she and Daniel?

So caught up in her thoughts, Kefira didn't hear the slight thud as the hospital wing doors swung open. Nor did she sense a presence beside her bed, that is, until she felt a hand wrap around her cold one.

Warm flesh engulfed her hand, warm on her cold skin, so warm that it could burn her. She hadn't realized, until now, how cold she was. Her body was shaking from the draft that blew through the large area of the hospital wing. Whipping around her ears.

"Look." A soft angelic voice spoke, bearly above a whisper, almost as if they didn't want to wake her. Kefira found it quite funny considering she was awake. However, she chose to stay still. "I just wanted to say; I'm never going to be right for you. I mean- there's no denying that I have a huge crush on you... it's just that- I don't know. I've never been good at expressing my emotions, I've kept them hidden for most of my life. But you, you seem to bring them out from me. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing, but whatever it is; I really like it."

The voice continued to talk, it would occasionally pause, comprehending what they were going to say. It was clear they hadn't thought this through before they came. All the time Kefira kept her eyes closed, she thought it was sweet as they expressed their emotions to her, as they had stated how they would usually keep them hidden.

She had never really considered the boy as anything more than a friend before- but now, she was considering it, and the results... ,surprisingly, where not actually that bad.

It wasn't until the boy stopped speaking did Kefira let out a breath, filling her lungs with air for the first time in minutes made her gasp, before letting out a series of coughs. The boy beside her jumped, his hand removing from the girls, as she felt his presence eave her side.

Kefira opened her cerulean eyes before they scanned around the hospital wing. She found a sense of calmness wash over her as she gazed into his eyes.

The eyes that held the colour of hot chocolate on a cold winters night.

Daniel.