What is up with everyone today?

Y/N POV

On my way to school, I run into Togata and Amajiki. I debate on whether or not I should speak to them. I decide it's best not to bother two people I met yesterday. Although...I'm not sure my decision changed anything.

"Hey, Y/N!" I hear Togata exclaim.

I flinch and turn around. I see Togata being really cheerful and smiling and stuff. Amajiki is slouching, not really looking at me or acknowledging my presence. I hesitantly walk towards them.

"Hey! Today's the day before all of the teachers and students convince the parents to either let their child go or not!" Togata announces.

"Really? Neat..." I respond.

Togata continued to try and make conversation with me the rest of the way to school. I suppose I've learned new information about, though. He's super positive, cheerful, and has been best friends with Amajiki since they were little.

...huh...kind of like Touya and me...great...I'm kinda sad now...

~Flashback~

I'm walking around, looking for the bookstore. I glance down at my map and look up again. I then hear faint crying. I keep walking in the direction of the crying until I'm standing in front of the person who's crying. I look down at the crying boy. I kneel down in front of him. He looks up at me, his eyes red from tears. I slightly tilt my head and ask quietly,
"What is your name?"

The boy's eyes slightly widened, then went back to normal. He opened his mouth and spoke in a small, meek voice,
"Touya..."

I then ask,
"Why are you crying?"

Touya starts crying again. He hides his face in his arms and mumbles, from what I can make out,
"...screaming...won't...stop...hurts... fire...stupid father...stupid quirk..."

I sat down next to Touya and wrapped my arms around him. He tensed up for a moment, but soon relaxed and leaned into me. He then asks in a whisper,
"Do you get along with your parents?"

"No...they were very...abusive...and it was pretty terrible...I don't like talking about it...but! Things better...I met good people...I'm doing better now," I reply, stumbling a bit at first.

"That's nice...you found somewhere where you belong...I don't belong anywhere...I should just die already..." Touya mumbled.

I stand up, removing my arms from around Touya. I bend down and hold out my hand to him.

"How about I introduce you! That way we can both have a good place we belong!"

Touya just looked at me. He then smiles. He smiles a beautiful, sweet, genuine smile. I give him a genuine smile in return.

I haven't smiled a genuine smile in a long time...almost a month ago, Lee died...so I have been having trouble smiling genuinely...

Touya takes my hand and I pull him up. We then walk back to Joey Drew studios. On the way, we get to know each other better.

It's like we've know each other forever...he's so easy to talk to...I hope we can become great friends!

~End Of Flashback~

I miss him...

I sigh aloud.

"Are you alright, Y/N? You spaced out for a moment there," Togata waves his hand in front of my face and I snap back into reality.