"Play...?"

Y/N POV

I look behind me and see a little girl peeking from behind a bookshelf. We she sees that I noticed her she hides behind the bookcase.

I set down my book and get up out of the chair.

I walk over, quietly, and peek behind the bookcase. I see the little girl with two braids in her hair. There is a big, white dog sitting next to her. I then greet, breaking the silence,
"Hello, there...little one. What's your name?"

The little girl looks up at me and then meekly replies,
"My name is Nina...and this is Alexander!"

The dog, Alexander, barks as if to say,
"Hello!"

Nina and Alexander...hmm...

I sit down on my knees in front of her and introduce myself,
"I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you two!"

Nina looks at me and smiles a big smile,
"It's nice to meet you too! Do you wanna play?"

"Play...?" I ask.

"Yeah! Play! Come on!" Nina exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door.

I stand up and we exit the building.

I then ask,
"So...how do you play?"

Nina gives me a weird look and then starts to explain,
"It's when you run around and have fun!"

Run around...and have...fun...

Flashback

I peek through the keyhole and see Elizabeth holding...some type of...I don't know...what is that...?

They look so...odd...

Elizabeth seems to be giving the things voices...like they're having a...conversation?

I then see Father's legs.

I feel fear rise in me.

"Are you having fun, Princess?" Father asks Elizabeth, it sounds like...he's...in a good mood?

What's...fun...?

"I sure am Daddy!" Elizabeth exclaims, looking up at Father. There's an odd expression on her face...and a weird look...in her eyes...

"As the useless little monster in the closet been quiet?" Father asks Elizabeth.

I feel myself grow more fearful, and shrink back into the corner of the closet I'm locked in, careful not let the chains restraining me make any noise.

I then hear Father say,
"That's good. Well, I'll be leaving now. I hope you enjoy your playtime, Princess!"

Play...time...?

End of Flashback

"Run around...have fun..." I mumble to myself, in a daze and starring out into nothingness.

An empty hole in my chest...

"Y/N...?" I hear Nina say with concern, snapping me back into reality.

"Hm! Oh, right! Let's play!" I exclaim, turning my attention to Nina.

We end up playing all afternoon.

Nina is such a sweet little girl...

I check the time:
11:34pm

"Oh! I need to get back to the dormitory...I'm sorry, Nina. I'll be back tomorrow morning!" I say to Nina.