7. Protect her

Jungkook POV

I protected y/n in my arms as I walked through the courtyard to get to the front door. On the way, I recognised a few faces that belonged to the guards. The door opened, slowly revealing a few more corpses.

"J-Jungkook, are you sure this is safe? What if somebody is in the house?" She whispered to me.

"If someone was in the house they would have ran out like wimps by now. Nobody dares to rob me while I'm actually here because they know what I do." I tried to sound convincing so y/n wouldn't feel as scared.

"Come on y/n, if you don't come in then you'll have to stay out here in the dark with all these bloody corpses. So, in or out?" I asked her, she better say in.

"IN IN!" She quickly jumped into my arms which I was spreading for her.

I walked through the hallways of my house. Broken pieces of glass and diamond were everywhere all over the floor. Out of the blue, it suddenly began to rain very heavily.

The lightning struck like crazy creating a whole damn light show in the night and the thunder was very loud. All of the lights in the house blew out just like that due to the sudden storm, leaving y/n and I standing in the hallway in the dark.

[♤]

The lights switched off leaving darkness in the hallways. You jumped at the sudden black out and hugged Jungkook.

"Not the dark!" You whined. "Oh my god what if someone jumps out from somewhere and attacks us?" You whisper shouted to Jungkook.

All these random scenarios began acting out in your mind.

"Sweetheart please calm down! Trust me I will protect you okay? No one is in this house except for us and hopefully a few guards." With that, he pulled you into a hug and stroked your hair trying to calm you nerves.

Surprisingly it worked! But you were still afraid. The pair of you continued to cautiously walked through the dark hallways.

"I am not going to let you sleep alone in a room with the lights blown out." Jungkook broke the silence.

"Okay fine whatever. But only because I'm scared."  You immediately answered back with no hesitation.

You started to think of random scenarios again.

What if there is a random man in the room? What if I never see daylight again? Aaah!

Jungkook noticed you daydreaming so he shook your shoulders and asked if you were okay.

"Honeybun you know I would never let anyone take you away." You rested your head on his shoulder, you wanted to stay in this hug again because you felt like you were being watched.

Glancing at the window, you noticed something strange. There seemed to be a reflection of a shadow lurking around the corner.

Well, okay, it must be mine or Jungkook's, right?

But the two of you weren't moving about right now.

"J-Jungkook there's something in the window reflection..." You whispered.

"What do you mean?" He replied as he walked towards the window and looked out. "There is no one outside."

"But I saw a shadow." If it wasn't any of the possible remaining guards, was someone else in the house?

Out of nowhere, you and Jungkook heard something fall and break. The sound was coming from upstairs. Your breathing became heavy. Jungkook grabbed your hand and held you close to him.

"Do not let go y/n."

You both walked slowly away the noise, you kept turning your head to see if anyone was there. There were muddy footprints on the floor, leading upstairs. Drips of blood was also found on the floor near the footprints.

It definitely did not belong to the guards as the blood was fresh. You both ended up in front of a door to a lounge. Jungkook peeked through the door before walking into the empty room with you following behind.

Suddenly, something caught the attention in the corner of your eyes. In the distance in the hallway, you saw what looked like a tall dark figure.

You thought it might have been your imagination since you hated the dark, that was until the figure began walking towards you.

Your breathing became heavy as you slowly walked backwards. You wanted to scream Jungkook, but the words wouldn't come out. Fear was now in control. In a blink of an eye, the dark figure was right in front of you. He grabbed your arm and covered your mouth with his hand.

Before he could suppress any noise, you screamed out for Jungkook.

He immediately turned around and saw you trapped in the arms of the dark figure. The man began to walk backwards towards the stairs whilst Jungkook walked forwards.

"Let go of her right now." Jungkook said sternly with his hands turning into fists.

"Why should I let her go? She is precious, maybe I could borrow her for a little while." He spoke with a sick grin on his lips.

"Don't you dare. If you try you will never see daylight again." Jungkook's eyes met with yours and he could see the fear in them.

"If I cannot have this precious gem then you can't either!"

A strong force was pushed against you, causing you to fall backwards and down the stairs. Pieces of glass which were already scattered all over the ground cut you as you fell.

Once you landed on the first floor, you could slightly see Jungkook push the man out of the way, running towards you.