18. Anger

One week of treatments and rest had passed by. You were ready to be discharged from the hospital. Hoseok had come to pick you up. It surprised you that Jungkook didn't come, whatever you said the other day must have hit him hard.

Maybe he realised? Maybe he didn't. Who knows?

You finished changing and went to the reception area to be greeted by a cheerful Hoseok.

"Hey! How are you feeling?"

"Better than before...I'm surprised Jungkook didn't come. He usually does."

"He's a bit, well, stressed at the moment. He keeps on saying that everything is his fault and that he should pay." Hoseok replied with a worried tone in his voice and sorry feeling in his eyes.

Did Jungkook really think that? 

On the way home in the car, you were lost in your thoughts whilst looking out the window at the morning sun. 

What did Jungkook have planned? Were you going to arrive home to be met by a bunch of roses? Probably not.

"Y/n, you look lost, is everything okay?" Hoseok asked.

You came back to reality and nodded in response.

[♤]

Jungkook stood in the middle of the entrance hallway in his home, thinking deeply in regret. He was waiting for you and Hoseok to arrive home. But what Jungkook had to say may not be much of a pleasant surprise.

The front door opened as Hoseok helped you walk, as you were still a little weak because you had been lying in a hospital bed for a week straight.

"Y/n and I are back!" Hoseok shouted.

Jungkook stood still, frozen. Although he heard Hoseok, it looked as if he was just lost. Hoseok waved his hand in front of Jungkook's face, alerting him back into reality. 

"Hellooo, earth to Jungkook?"

"Oh uh, yeah hi." Jungkook replied with a grumpy tone in his voice.

More like he was just not bothered that the love of his life came back from hospital. You were standing next to Hoseok as Jungkook stared deep into your eyes.

"I-I'm gonna go rest for a while..." You said before making your way into your bedroom, leaving Hoseok and Jungkook in the hallway together.

Jungkook glared at Hoseok before walking away and locking himself in his office room.

"Why did she have to run away! I wouldn't have shot her if she didn't...Dammit!" He punched the wall with his fist.

Jungkook was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in.."

Hoseok walked in and set his eyes on Jungkook, who wasn't in a right state of mind.

"Are you alright...?" He said as he saw the mark on the wall where Jungkook's fist came in contact.

"Get out Hoseok, you were in on this! You're to blame too! I almost lost y/n, you took her away from me!" Jungkook shouted as he stood up.

"You need to calm down-"

"LEAVE! NOW!"

Hoseok flinched at Jungkook's response before nodding and leaving the room. He shut the door, only to be surprised by you, standing right in front of him.

"I'm sorry y/n.." He mumbled.

"No..you don't need to be sorry."

"Yes, I do! I should have hid the fact that you ran better."

"No no no, don't blame yourself Hobi, Jungkook is just...out of control." Hoseok's eyes glistened when the word "Hobi" came out of your mouth.

Hoseok POV

The moment she called me Hobi, I felt my heartbeat getting faster. It sounded so...right? I kind of liked it when she called me that, it made me feel so...

hmm, how shall I describe it?

Cute? Loved? Happy?

I'm not going to lie though, when I first saw her, I thought she was kinda cute. But of course I didn't do anything or say anything since Jungkook claims her as 'his girl'.

"Hellooo, are you listening?" She waved her hand in front of my face.

"O-oh  yeah I am."

Suddenly, Jungkook slammed the door open and walked out of the room. He looked at me and then at y/n. I noticed that his knuckles were red, and had a few cuts, probably from that punch he threw at the wall.

"Namjoon..." He muttered under his breath.

"What?" Y/n said.

I could tell by her face that she was worried. Jungkook smirked and stormed out of the house with y/n following him. 

"Y/n wait!!"