12 : Why Am I Doing This Again?

Marinette

I had surprisingly gotten up early today. I couldn't sleep cause my mind was racing, thinking about the events that had happened yesterday. But I'm more nervous about today. I don't know if we'll be able to do this or how long we can keep it up. Eventually the truth will come out. What if Lila won't leave Adrien alone and we'll have to keep up this act forever. But than, we might be going separate ways next year. But still, what if she follows us? I don't think my acting skills will be able to keep up. Do I even have acting skills?!

"Marinette?" I was snapped out of my thoughts. I realized I was sitting alone in the bakery and drinking coffee I had quickly whipped up. I turned around and saw my mama and Adrien..

Adrien?

"Adrien? What are you doing here?" I asked as he walked up to me.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied.

"It's my house."

"That's not what I meant!" He quickly added. "I meant to say, why are you up so early?"

"Is it a crime?" I sneered.

"No," he shook his head and sat down in front of me. "It's just so un-Marinette of you."

"Un-Marinette of me." I repeated the statement slowly. "You know, people change." So what if I was a late person, it's not my fault sleep is good.

Adrien chuckled and shook his head. "I've known you for thirteen years and heard you say that almost a million times."

"That's unfair. I don't mention it that many times." I laughed. He gave me a look which I sighed to. "Fine, fine. Whatever!"

"So, kitty. What are you doing here?" I asked, changing the topic. Adrien smiled, "Ahh, right. I came here to tell you about what we'll be doing today." He said.

"Holding hands and whispering sweet nothings to each other." I said and leaned back while taking a sip of my cold, dark coffee.

"You also have to sit on my lap during lunchtime." He said.

My eyes widened and I sat up. "WHY?!"

He shrugged, "Nino's idea." He said.

I'm gonna kill the idiot. And take his headphones away for a week...and his phone..his hat?? And glasses! Yeah, I'll take all those away.

"Before you kill Nino or take something that belongs to him, you should also know Alya forced me to agree to this as well.

"...I'm taking both their phones away .." I said. He looked at me in amusement and nodded.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get ready for school."

"Yeah, you do that. I'm gonna buy some food and also I'll tell you about the rest of the stuff we'll be doing when you get back!"

I sighed and walked away.

Why am I doing this again?

--

We walked to school side by side and entered the noisy hallway. I could hear people squealing and whispering our names to each other.

"Take my hand and lean into me." Adrien whispered. I looked at him like he was crazy but he gave me a look that said 'just do it'.

I sighed and shakily took his hand in mine, and slightly leaned into him. I gazed up and gave him a sweet smile but narrowed my eyes at him. He was so dead.

My actions caused the girls in the hallway to erupt into more squeals. Geez, these people need to get a life.

We entered the locker room and walked past Lila, who was walking out. Surprisingly, she didn't bother us.

"Aww, look at my precious babies." Nino gushed out loud as we approached them. Alya looked at us and smirked.

I rolled my eyes at them and let go of Adrien's hand. "Shut up, Nino."

"Since when were we your 'babies'?" Adrien asked, shivering a bit.

Since the day we met... that's my guess.

"Since I first laid eyes on you two!" Nino sighed deeply. "Seems like it was only yesterday. And now you two are together!"

"Yeah, right. Fa-" I was cut off when Alya smacked her hand on my mouth. She glared at me and shushed me while Adrien, who looked panicked, pointed to the rest of our classmates that were standing a few metres away

"Hush up about that, Mari!" Nino exclaimed.

Right, I almost exposed us. Well, I think the pressure is getting to me. I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm probably going to fail and ruin all our lives. Oh, cheese. I can't do this! I am going to die. Goodbye world!
... it's only the second day.

The bell rang.

"Well, see you guys later!" Nino said and began to walk away. He came to an abrupt end when he he saw a group of girls hiding behind a locker. I than realized they were staring at Adrien and I and giggling.

Nino turned back with a devious smile and ran to us.

"Kiss..." He whispered.

Adrien turned away from Alya and looked at Nino with wide eyes while I tried to refine myself from pouncing on him. Nino winked and walked away with a sly smirk.

"Alya?" I said and turned to her but she was also gone.

Unbelievable.

I nervously turned to Adrien and smiled. "Well, I'll see you later." I gave a loopsided smile.

He returned it with an even awkward smile.

I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him into a short kiss. It was more of a peck on the lips and I walked away, trying to ignore the squealing from the girls and Nino, and also trying to ignore my loudly beating heart.

I could feel my face heating up as I walked out of the doors. "Well.." I sighed.
---
Ahh! So cute! ^-^