30 : I Should Have Known

Adrien

[Earlier]

Never have I ever been less excited to wake up. Actually, I'm never happy when I wake up. I was having a dream where I was a knight in the medieval times fighting the dragon to save the imprisoned princess. Just when I was about to see her, I get a quick flash of a feather creature jumping at me and screaming at my face.

Shocked, I wake up to my rooster alarm tone.

Now that I think of it, that was the most cliche dream I've ever had. I got ready for school and walked to the kitchen to have breakfast whilst rehearsing the words I'd say to Plagg to ask him to come with me for career day.

I know I should have given him a heads up to prepare but screw that. He's always done shit to me it's time I get my revenge.

Though there's the possibility of him declining and brushing me off like he always does but whatever. I'll hide his hair products if he refuses.

I laughed at the thought of his horrified face when he finds out his 'babies' are gone. The dude needs to get a life.

I took the cereal and milk and started to make my gourmet breakfast that was fitting for a rich kid like me.

How pompous of me to say.

Then again I'm being sarcastic.

Laughing at my thoughts, I dug in and damn. Chef's kisses. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I laughed.

Plagg emerged from the hallway. "Morning twerp, I see you're spoiling yourself to some five star cereal." He laughed as he took out a bottle of water and left without a word.

I rolled my eyes and turned to my phone which lit up, showing I had a message from Alya.

Alya: You coming?

Adrien: Yeah, just got to get Plagg to come along.

Alya: Kk

I looked at the time and it read 6:58a.m. I had plenty of time to get to school and with Plagg's car, I'm sure will get there around ten minutes before the bell rings. I tried to quickly finish my cereal to go and talk to Plagg but another notification stopped me. Thinking it was Mari, Alya or Nino I picked it up to reassure them I was going to be fine today.

But what I saw made all that confidence deteriorate. I dropped my spoon.

"Oh..." I frowned, feeling the happiness in me fade.

"Hey twerp, you need a rid?" Plagg came out again, now carrying his bag. "Twerp?" He called again snapping me back to reality.

"Oh, uh, yeah! I-I mean, no...no I'll walk." I said as I stood up to go wash my plate.

"You sure, it's already seven. You'll probably arrive after the bell."

"No, it's fine. I'll take the pass, I just want some fresh air today." I waved him off. It took him some time before he finally sighed and mutter a silent okay before leaving. I heard his engine turn on and the gate open before his car was long gone.

"Well then." I dried my hand and picked up my phone. I looked at the notification again and frowned. Maybe I'm not okay. I turned off my phone and tucked it into my pocket.

I'm not okay.

I searched my bag and took out my wallet before dumping the bag in my room and leaving the house. But before exiting, I took a red rose from the vase and placed it on the table.

I should have known.

●●●

Plagg