23 : I'm Sorry

Marinette

Luka and I walked to the zoo. It was twelve last I checked which means we've been walking around for three hours and quite frankly I was getting bored and tired.

Never have I wanted something to be over. Luka must have sensed it since he told me it was our last stop.

We got some cotton candy and decided to rest before walking around. It was quiet, as usual and Luka probably thought it was comfortable silence.

I, however, kept bringing up random stuff to start a conversation but all he'd do in response was smile, laughed, shrug or nod. Not really much said. That's when I realised that yesterday was exactly the same. I was trying to start a conversation but he was the one who'd end it.

It made me frustrated and made everything awkward for me. I began wondering how it was like before and how I enjoyed his company. It seem like a mystery to me but I should know the answers since I was there!

I frowned and continued to eat my cotton candy. Luka was done with his and was just waiting for me, quietly.

"Um, you don't mind if I bring up Adrien?" He asked me. I looked at him weirdly but then shrugged. At least he was starting a conversation.

"He looked really mad earlier and if you need to talk with him-"

I cut him off. "Luka, he said it was okay, didn't he."

"Yeah, but he didn't sound like he wanted to. And I understand but-"

"Just...drop it." I said to him and finished my cotton candy. I stood up and held out my hand to him. "Come on, let's go see some animals." I smiled.

He smiled back at me and took my hand.

The sooner we move the faster I'll get home and talk to Adrien.

-

Time flew by quickly but I wasn't going home any sooner. Luka had suggested going to the park before he left and I, not wanting to be rude, obliged.

We walked into the park and there weren't many people there. We sat down on a bench and looked at the sky since there wasn't anything interesting to look at.

I shifted awkwardly in my spot. I just wanted to go home.

I looked at Luka. He looked deep in thought, staring up at the sky. "Mari.." He said and looked down at me, locking eyes. "I was wondering if I...if you..." His hands found their way on my chin. I felt his thumb caress my cheek.

I wanted to move away. From his eyes, his touch and him. It felt wrong but my body was glued to the spot in shock.

Luka leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. My eyes were wide in shock. He was kissing me. On the lips. Something I had dreamed of ever since I met him. His lips were soft but not like Adrien's.

And here we were. His lips on mine but I felt nothing. Nothing but disgust at myself. And I think I know why.

I felt him pulled back and watched as he let my face go. He coughed and leaned back. "Umm...I just wanted to see if...we probably had a chance.." he scratched his nape.

I stared at him. "I'm sorry, Luka...I don't think we do... I have to go." I said and left hastily leaving him behind but I could feel him staring at my back.

I ran back home and enetered with tears falling from my eyes. I didn't know why I was crying. I was so confused.

Why wasn't I happy when Luka kissed me? Why did I feel disgusted? Why did it feel wrong? Why don't I get butterflies when I'm around him?

The scary thing about it was that I knew the answer and it was simple.

"Adrien." I said breathlessly. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. "I'm in love with Adrien." I said with a small smile. For some reason I felt giddy. I giggled and ran upstairs. I saw Mama the couch, watching TV.

"Mama!" I said, startling her a bit.  She looked back at me and sighed. "Mari...how was your day?" She smiled.

"I love Adrien!" I blurted out and ran off. I knew she had a surprised look on her face but I could careless. I ran to my room and sat on my bed with a big smile.

I don't know how my brain came to the conclusion that I was in love with Adrien but...I liked it and it was true.

I am in love with my best friend Adrien Agreste.