22 : NO!

Marinette

I sat in my bed. I was unable to sleep properly. Only a few hours of  sleep and I woke up early.

Luka was coming. We were going to hang out again and quite frankly, I don't know how to feel about it.

I was so excited when he asked me out on Friday and yesterday when he came but then the rest of the day...I couldn't help but think how that was how our old hang outs were. Silence.

Now that I think about it...I don't really remember our old hang outs. Did he even give me piggyback rides? I sighed.

Only thing that comes to mind is Adrien.

And we only had one date. But that's all I've been comparing yesterday to.

That date with Adrien, nothing felt awkward. Even though we were just friends on a date. It felt so...right. Like it was all real.

The kiss Luka gave me yesterday. He had never kissed me on the lips or cheeks. That was the first time I felt his lips and still I didn't feel that excited. Just the blush from embarrassment.

Then my thoughts went to Adrien and his lips. My skin began to tingle when I thought of his kisses.

My eyes widened and the butterflies I missed yesterday began to swarm in my stomach. What am I thinking?

Adrien can't be my boyfriend. I cannot like him.

Aw...My subconscious whined.

No, not aw! Yes because he's just a friend!

But you don't want him as a friend...don't you.

"NO!" I exclaimed but slapped my hand over my mouth. It was six thirty and here I am yelling at my subconscious.

I sighed and just decided to take a bath and keep myself preoccupied.  I didn't have time for this.

▪▪▪

"Again? What about Alya, Nino and Adrien?" Mama asked when I told her I was goung out again with Luka.

Adrien...

I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts of my blonde FRIEND.

"Yeah, well Luka is leaving tomorrow so he wanted to hang out before he left." I explained. She nodded and smiled. "Well okay. He seems to really like you."

"Who? Adrien?" I blurted out. She rose a brow. "No, Luka.."

"Oh.." I said with a hint of disappointment. Okay, but where did Adrien come from?

"But if it's Adrien we're talking about-"

"No, mama. Forget it." I smiled at her but she looked at me with a frown but she shrugged it off.

I looked outside and saw Luka walking across the street. I felt like running back into my room and pretending to sleep but the nice part of me didn't want to. I sighed and looked at my tea.

"Oh, good morning Adrien." I heard mum say happily.

Wait, Adrien?

I looked up and saw the ever so familiar blonde haired boy who, lately, I couldn't stop arguing with myself about.

"Adrien?" I asked, rather breathlessly. He smiled at me. The same usual smile but for some reason my stomach let the butterflies out.

"Mari...I need to talk with you." He said with a serious look as he sat down besides me.

"Umm, what is i-" I heard the door bell ring and saw Luka enter. He immediately spotted me and smiled but frowned when he saw Adrien. Adrien, who had his back facing Luka, frowned in confusion until he turned around.