29 : Kitty, Are You Okay?

Mhh, update!

---

Marinette

"Papa?" I walked into the kitchen, fixing my hair and in search of my dad.

"I'm at the counter sweety!" I hear him reply. I walked to the counter and saw the stack of boxes he was bring for career day. He had a bright smile on his face, so proud to go and show off what he does.

Papa loves his job so much, I'm pretty sure he would have married the shop if he hadn't met mama first.

That was a sentence I never expected to say.

But nonetheless, I love and admire him.

"Ready to go?" I giggled as I helped him to pick up some of the boxes which wasn't many.

"Always." He beamed and headed for the door behind me. We walked out, carefully and safely crossing the streets and making to the school which was conveniently across from our bakery.

Only the heavens - and my friends - know why I'm always late to school even though I live so close.

I immediately scan the place for my friends and boyfriend. The place was pretty scarce so it would be easier to spot them and lo and behold there they were at the bench with Alya's mom and Nino's dad.

To my disappointment, Adrien wasn't here yet. But it also worried  me. Papa and I made our way over to them greeting them once we approach. The adults began to talk and I turned to the two.

"Where's Adrien?" I ask.

"Hmm," Nino smirked leaning on crutches. "Missing your boyfrieeeeeend?"

"Nino this is serious!" I sneered at him. I expected him to understand the urgency of this situation.

"Relax Mari, I texted him earlier and he said he'd be here soon. He's just waiting for Plagg so he can convince him to come." Alya said with a knowing smile. That assured me a bit but still... something didn't feel right.

"Okay." I said slowly. "So how are you liking the crutches?" I asked Nino who visibly frowned.

"I hate them. They are a burden."

"Bold of you to say that about something that is literally helping you walk." Alya laughed.

"Yeah but they're heavy!" He whined. I rose a brow and chuckled at his tantrum.

"Oh come on Nino! It's not that bad, besides it's only till your ankle heals." I told him once his cries died down.

"That's too long!" Nino growled. From behind him, I could see his dad giving us a questioning look before shrugging and continuing with the conversation between papa and Alya's mom.

"Okay fetus, there are more important things right now then your whining." Alya smacked the back of his head.

"Ouchie!"

"Those girls over there are looking at us." Alya narrowed her eyes. I turned to see where she was looking and sure enough there was a group of girls behind me and they looked away as soon as they saw me looking. "Or rather...at you." I turned back with a frown when I saw Alya looking at me.

"Right, I forgot about that." I mumbled and rubbed my hands.

Nino smiled in an attempt to comfort me. "Don't worry Mari, will handle this and everything will be back to normal."

"Right, well let's go to the lockers and get ready for the day. It's almost time. We can wait for Adrien inside since his running late." I suggested. The two of them nodded and picked up their bags before we walked off -with Alya and I helping Nino along the way.