26 : Pizza Hangover

Marinette

I am not feeling too well. My stomach is hurting and I was throwing up. It was definitely the pizza from last night. It's like I'm having a hangover...but from pizza.

"Aw honey," I heard mama say with worry. "You should stay home, you look green."

I didn't know how that is physically possible but due to the cartoons I've watched I knew what she meant. I nodded and laid down on the couch, groaning in pain. Stomach aches were the worst.

I remembered that I had three idiots who'd probably worry about why I wasn't at school so I forced myself to go to my room and retrieve my phone. Half of me wanted to stay there and just let them worry and miss me cause that's just the sadist in me.

I chuckled and picked my phone from the nightstand and opened it to the group chat.

M: Can't come to school.

M: I'm having a pizza hangover. 🤮

I put my phone back on my table and went downstairs. I wanted to eat fruits right now.

•••

"Mari..." I moaned and turned around. My body was aching and I felt like shit but my eyes were heavy, and wanted sleep.

"Mari!" I groaned loudly and sat up, my eyes drooping. "Whaaaaaaaaaat?" I yawned, stretching my body. Felt great.

"Mari! You're finally awake! I have news!"

I looked at Alya annoyed. Her face expressed worry. "What is it? Did Nino get stuck on the slide again?" I joked.

She shook her head. "He's downstairs in the bakery. But the news concerns you and Adrien."

I sat up straight. Where was Adrien?

"What happened?" I asked, suddenly sensing the urgency of the situation.

Alya cringed and showed me her phone. "Um...You're not gonna like it."

It was an article from the school blog. A picture, a large picture, of Luka and me...kissing.

Marinette Dupain Chang. Adrien Agreste's wonderful girlfriend everybody. 😊 saw her at the park and thought I'd share.

The caption read.

I put a hand on my mouth and gasped. "What? Who? Why is this on the school's blog?!" I shouted.

Alya grimaced, "I don't know. It was posted at lunch time and everyone saw it. Nino and I have been trying to take it down but we can't." She said.

The door opened and Nino walked in with a milkshake. "Mari. This is terrible!" He exclaimed worriedly before sipping his drink. "Everyone has been talking about you today, calling you a cheat, fake friend and....whore...that one was from Chole." Nino said with a pained expression. "It was hard to listen to."

I frowned, remembering Adrien. "Did Adrien see it?" I asked.

Alya and Nino exchanged looks which only confirmed my worries. "He did, didn't he." I mumbled and looked down.

"He's been trying to get a hold of you all day but you never answered." Nino said. I looked up at him.

"My phone is in my room."

Nino nodded, "But he came up with the idea that you were with Luka. We tried to tried to tell him that Luka left but he was gone. He skipped calss. Anyway, why didn't you come to school?" He asked curiously.

I gave him a flabbergasted look. "Didn't you three get my message?" I asked.

Alya and Nino arched their brows and frowned, shaking their heads. "Nope."