21 : She's Out

Adrien

Saturday. Yay. I sat on my bed, staring at my wall. I didn't know how to feel or think. Luka is back. That's all I could think about. Marinette obviously still likes him and I have a feeling this was going to ruin our plans.

I didn't know what to do. If I was to keep this act up with Mari, that would mean her sacrificing her happiness for me and I don't want to do that. But if I were to break uo with her, that would mean she would be happy with Luka while I would have to fend off Lila for the rest of the year.

The last sounded like a better idea. I'd rather have Mari happy then be miserable. I don't know how to do that. What should I do...

I fell on my bed and sighed.

"Hello?" Plagg sang as he entered my room.

"Plagg?"

"Yes~" he said in a sing-song voice.

"Do you think I made a stupid mistake...making Mari my fake girlfriend?" I asked him.

"What?! Where is this coming from?" He shrieked. I looked up and saw his almost scared looking face.

"Plagg...Luka is back."

"What's a Luka?" He scrunched his face. "Whatever it is, it sounds bad."

"Luka is an old crush- well, not so old crush of Mari since she still likes him." I said, sighing at the words that left my mouth. Crush...

Plagg's reaction was just as I expected. He looked ready to kill. "What?!" He shouted. "How come I never heard of him!?" He looked at me with disappointment and betrayal.

I just shrugged. "Maybe because she doesn't like you?"

"Of course she doesn't. She likes you."

I looked at him blankly. "She likes Luka."

He pounced on me and shushed me. "Shut up! If you say that, she'll never like you back."

I pushed his hand from my mouth. "Yeah, but it feels so forced! If she was to like me then I'd rather her take her time to decide."

Plagg sat back and stared at me in shock. "But-"

"No. Look I'm gonna go out, take a stroll and think." I took my coat and walked out of my room, leaving my cousin dumbfounded.

I walked to the only place I could think of. Marinette's house. But I also wanted to get some food cause I skipped breakfast. I entered the ever so familiar bakery. I really loved this place.

"Adrien, morning." Sabine greeted me with a friendly smile. I smiled back, "Morning Sabine."

"If you're here to see Marinette, she just left." Sabine said.

I arched my brow. She didn't say anything about going out. "Where to?" I asked curiously.

Sabine shrugged. "I don't know but she left with Luka."

I frowned. Luka? She's out with Luka.

•••

Marinette

I smiled at Luka as we walked along the roadside. He still looked the same though he did grow his hair and his cheeks slimmed down a bit, defining his perfect jawline. I could stare at him for ages.

Honestly, I didn't plan on going out today and I didn't expect Luka to show up after what happened yesterday with Adrien. But he came and still asked if I wanted go. I didn't have anything to do so I agreed. Besides, I feel like I owe him an apology for yesterday.