14 : Date?!

Well, what do you know? I'm updating. Lol, I'm sorry for the wait. But I just have authors block. Anyway, just letting you know, I was tagged for something and it's gonna be at the end of the chapter so if you want to skip it, go on ahead. If you want to know 10 things about me....by all means..stay. XD Kay, I've wasted enough of your time.
---

Adrien
Well this pretending stuff is actually easier than I thought. Most of the things Marinette and I do is actually some of the things we do everyday. Like walking together, eating together, sharing stuff, hugging.... definitely not kissing, that's a new one.. but it's kind of nice.

But it's still weird.

I sighed and thought about this whole fake relationship thing. I didn't mean for it to happen or to get Marinette involved. Whatever happens in the end, I'll take full responsibility for.. But I'm just worried. Marinette might fall for my gorgeous looks and that's gonna be a problem.

I already have enough girls after me.

I mean, Marinette is great. She's everything a guy would want in a girlfriend but... she's my friend.

At least, that's what she wants to be.

I had a crush on Marinette since we were 6 years old but when she found out about it, she made it clear she only wanted to be friends. Sure, I was upset about it but I just brushed it off and put on an act. Saying that I was out of her league.

Wrong. It was most definitely the other way around.

How could I ever compare her to me or to anyone. She is just too good for all of us. She doesn't even deserve to be stuck with the three idiots she calls her friends. Cause we're nothing compared to her..

Nino and Alya even admit that.

At one point in our long friendship, we actually began to grow apart, but it wasn't long. Alya and Nino had joined a 'blog' squad, Marinette began hang out more around Nathaniël, Rose and Juleka, and I was..well.. alone.

It was all Marinette. She was the one that brought us back together. I'm just worried for her.  What if this whole thing hurts her? I couldn't stand that happening.

"Adrien..." Marinette said. She was sitting beside me on a park bench. We decided to go on a small stroll as part of our couple-y act but instead we were sitting down. I seemed to have gotten lost in my thoughts.

I hummed in response.

"I've been thinking," she started off before turning her gaze to a couple of kids who were chasing each other.

"What will happen to us after this whole...act?" She said in a quiet voice. I looked down at her and grabbed her chin, gently moving her head to face me.

"We'll still be friends, of course." I said with a gentle smile.

Her bluebell eyes searched mine. She had a vacant expression.

"Hey," I said and grabbed her hand in mine. "Whatever, that happens after this, I'm sure we can face it together. Just like all the problems we've face throughout our lives till now."

"Yeah, but.. what if something happens that will cause us to split up again?" She said.

I shook my head. "There's no point in worrying about the future, princess. What's important is the present, just live while you can. Whatever happens tomorrow is a mystery and yesterday is history! So, come on! Live, Love and Learn."

Her familiar smile stretched across her face and I knew I had succeeded. "What you said made no sense, kitty."

"It does make sense! You're just too close minded."