Sin 23

A cry escaped his lips as he fell to the floor, holding his arm. The pain striking along his now broken arm, the bone under his own flesh is broken in half. Pride have let his grasp weaken, watching the tyrant king become nothing but broken. Broken as his own crown. Kihyun looked at Pride, but he only saw Jooheon. 

That wasn't Pride. It was Jooheon. 

Kihyun didn't think Jooheon would spare him. Instead of snapping the mortal's neck, he have decided to break a bone within his arm than the spinal chord. The pink haired mouth gaped open, astonished yet speechless as he watched Jooheon stood with heavy breaths. Wonho was laying before him, crying in pain, the pain that he well-deserved. 

It was punishment, not an execution. 

For years, Kihyun knew Pride is merciless. For his own desire, he would kill anyone in a heartbeat. But, this wasn't Pride. It was Jooheon, a demon with a heart. Turning towards Changkyun and Minhyuk, the younger was being held by his not related older brother. Kihyun didn't know how Changkyun did it, but he made a demon have a heart.

He made a demon feel human. 

Within his years of being a demon, Kihyun knew his own kind are merciless creatures. One always begged for power and never judgement, as they were the ones to judge. Pride is one of those demons, in fact the strongest demon that lived in Hell. Kihyun knew something have stopped him, making him become something he wasn't. 

He changed. 

Looking down at Shownu, the male under him being held tightly by the demon's arms was breathing heavy from the pain that lingered on his body, his own head pounding as it tried its very best to produce any chemical to relieve his own pain. In all honestly, Kihyun never seen a reflection of himself with another demon. 

Kihyun learned a lot about humans, and the special ones were always the ones he cherished. Jooheon have learned, also. 

It was the sense of being human. It was the sense of being alive, and feeling accepted the way they are. There is no barrier with what he was, the connection with a human was always a special memory. Kihyun knew humans were very imperfect, but he have learned to find the ones that had their own rarities. 

He learned to be imperfect, also.

Resting his head down, he pressed his head against Shownu's head. His lips ghosting over his skin, "You did good." he softly praised. He knew Shownu has the tendency of protecting. It was his job to be the guardian. He didn't care if he get hurt the most, he needed to protect the ones he cared most. But, in his own perspective, he was lying on the floor in pain. He have failed.

Jooheon took a deep breath, his breathing becoming calm. It was minutes he have cooled down. He didn't know what happened. It seemed wrong to execute Wonho. Surely, he done so much, but Jooheon believed he can change. It was that tinge of hope that drew back his weapon in executing the tyrant king. 

"Sit up. Don't touch or move your arm," Jooheon instructed. He have knelt down to Wonho's level, the poor male whimpering in pain as tears rushed down his cheeks from the unbearable pain. Wonho didn't seem to listen, he could only hear the ringing within his ears. It was the pain that have torn him away from reality. Gently, Jooheon made him sit up and moved his hand away from his broken arm. 

Changkyun watched Jooheon, remaining to hold onto Minhyuk. The brunette turned to Jooheon and Wonho, "Jooheon...?" Minhyuk called out, confused as Changkyun. Jooheon didn't spare a glance but helped Wonho calm down, the other's tears finally calming down as he bit on his lip to ignore the pain within his arm. Vernon sat beside Shownu and Kihyun, he wiped his lip of blood.