Sin 38

As promised, Changkyun have rebuilt that connection with his mother before passing. It was unfortunate, but she have passed away peacefully in her slumber. During the night, his father have checked but have noticed the small breaths have finally stopped. Although, he knew at some point it will be her time, but the grief took over him anyway. He have masked all his pain, but he have felt the world crashing around him as he tried to wake up his wife while the morning moon stood among the dark sky. 

Moonlight trespassed into the dark room at 2 a.m., and his father have rushed to get his sons. Barging into their room with a small cry, the cry that haunted within their ears. It was a siren of the weak to alert that the reaper have arrived and took one of them. Groggily, Changkyun sat up, his brain trying to process what have happened. Sleep lingered within his heavy eyes, while Jooheon sat beside him, patting him on the back. 

Surely, he knew but it was the sleep that remained to make him slow in thought. In all honesty, Jooheon didn't want to admit the news out loud. 

After several minutes, Changkyun have thrown off the covers and he have heard his father on phone, crying. He knew and his own heart dropped, the exhaustion disappearing as he stood in place. It took time, but the ice within his chest have finally melted and the water crashed around his mind with thoughts. The grieving thoughts he have swam through, and he felt heavy. Leaning against Jooheon, the blonde have wrapped a arm around his waist while glancing at him. 

"Take your time," Jooheon have said softly. But, Changkyun didn't want to waste any time and forced himself to take heavy steps towards the room. The room that reminded him of a hospital, the scent of lavender have died just like her upon entering. A shiver went down his spine when he faced his mother's limp body, and he have seen dead bodies before. He have been to funerals, but it is a whole different story when facing something that he truly cared about. 

Its as though, the most important thing in his life have disappeared. He always wished to disappear, but seeing someone become limp because of their own soul disappearing - it hurt him. The sight he could barely bare. 

Seungwoo stood by the bed, staring down at their mother. He have dropped down onto his knees, holding onto their dead mother's hand like a child not wanting to be lost. Holding it tightly, he rested his head back down against the back of her palm. A linger of warmth reminded him the one that possessed this body, but it have become empty. He cherished the warmth under his own touch. 

The hound groomed its paws while it sat near them, its blood gaze disinterested of the whole situation. It have seen it all, before. It wasn't unfamiliar to it, whatsoever. 

The familiarity of seeing the broken become shattered, the oldest of the brothers have broken down into tears. Changkyun felt more devastated by his own brother sobbing. He doesn't blame him, but he never seen his brother cry. Seungwoo's shoulders shook along his cries, holding tightly on his mother's hand. No words escaped from his trembling lips, but only small cries. The younger walked over, standing beside his older brother who have fell on his knees in utter defeat. 

He felt the weight upon his shoulders, and he wanted to join him. However, he stood with a low head and a tight grip onto his brother's shoulder. He listened to the sobs beside him, and Changkyun met the sight of his mother's eyes slightly open. Renewed diamonds replaced the chocolates that he loved. The sweetness have became bland, and diamonds seemed to replace it, instead. He never wanted to be rich. 

The night have grown to morning gradually. It was silent throughout the many hours, and Seungwoo did not speak but in small sniffles. Changkyun doesn't know what to say, he was afraid to speak. Honestly, there is nothing to say. Supposedly, thank their mother, but the despair have overtaken his head. If he talked, he would supposedly say the wrong thing. He didn't want anything to happen, but face the fact.