Sin 37

It was late at night that Changkyun's older brother have arrived. Around the time of 8 p.m., Changkyun remained asleep in Jooheon's arms. He must have been exhausted, and Jooheon respected his needs. Moving away from Changkyun quietly, the younger ended up clinging onto a pillow. Leaning down, he kissed the younger's head before leaving the room. Walking down the stairs to see his lover's older brother, he was met at the sight of the father and the oldest son talking in quiet tones. 

The blonde stood on the staircase like a brainless being watching from afar, he should at least learn that staring was rude. However, he couldn't help but curious about Seungwoo, and notice the slight differences in comparison with the father. He looked more like the mother, while Changkyun looked similarly to his own father. The two siblings have their own differences, and it was interesting how the two can look similar to their parents. In fact, one brother seem to look more like one parent than the other. 

Changkyun's father turned his head and looked at Jooheon, he smiled kindly towards the blonde. "Is Changkyun awake?" he asked, and the blonde only shook his head. Changkyun's brother have raven-hair, just like his mother, he had the kind eyes of her's. They were similar. However, only one part of the similarity is healthy while another is fading. With his eyes, Jooheon could imagine Changkyun's mother's bright eyes than the dull ones that he have met to make a promise. 

"Who are you?" questioned the oldest, and Jooheon was a bit taken aback. It was a normal question, his tone was blunt, but it seemed rude in his ears. Honestly, Jooheon held back a small scoff at his ignorance. "I am Jooheon, I am your brother's boyfriend." Jooheon states with the same tone, but his eyes seem to narrow slightly in habit of intimidation. A pit of hatred was building towards the other, and he knew it was because he was disrespected. 

'What a fucking snob.'

His brother's gaze seemed to darken, obviously judging the blonde. It was tensed between the two, and Changkyun's father cleared his throat to disrupt it. "Seungwoo, your mother must be asleep. You should get some rest also, you must be tired." his father pat him on the shoulder, and Jooheon noticed the slight height difference. He was as tall as Changkyun, but his posture was standing tall with a head high. He must have an ego. 

"Changkyun is gay?" he turned to his father with ridicule tone, and his father sighs. There was definitely a feud between the two brothers. "Is there a problem?" Jooheon asked with a serious tone, the sudden hatred growing into anger. He can't believe this fucking snob had the audacity to be a piece of shit during this situation. He understood grudges, but during this moment? His own mother is dying in a bed, and he took the time to be a fucking asshole. 

"No, not at all. Just surprised," Seungwoo huffed with a glare towards the other. Now with the arrival of Changkyun's older brother, Jooheon is going to have pent up anger. He knew he can't lash, especially during a sensitive situation. He has no right to, whatsoever. Scoffing, Jooheon paced him down the last steps and walked off to the kitchen. He could easily hear Seungwoo mumbling under his breath about him, and Jooheon is ready to pick up a knife to kill that snob. 

Fortunately, he held his ground and only paid attention to Changkyun. His Changkyun needs him strong, and he can't defeat the defense he built. He needs to protect Changkyun, and keep him close. 

Another promise was made. It was odd for a demon to make promises to himself just for one human. 

Changkyun did become more than a prized possession. 

Returning back to Changkyun's bedroom with a glass of water, he laid beside the younger and accompanied him. He stared up at the ceiling, daydreaming drawing him away from reality. He wondered if he stayed with Changkyun until he grew old, would they be married? Jooheon smiled at the thought.