Sin 34

For the whole night, Changkyun have stayed by his mother's side. His head resting on his arm, where his own arms settled on his mother's bed. He was drawn away in his own dreamland, the smell of the hospital have haunted his dreams. But, it wasn't nightmarish. It was a dream he had wish to happen. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. 

His mother's time is limited. 

He have watched his own mother lead him through an adventure. A regular adventure of getting a coffee, and speaking to her about everything. His passion of music, and his love for Jooheon. The fondness within her bright gaze made him keep talking, and he couldn't look away. He was stuck in a trance, his own mother staring back as though she was encouraging him to speak about everything. He did so. 

However, he could never say it was reality as his own mother's eyes were never that bright. It have became a nightmare after he came to reality. Stuck in his own dreamland, the darkness was starting to venture and pollute. He couldn't do anything but watch his own mother's face become thin, her own bones being revealed under her own flesh. He only watched the darkness sweep over his mother, her own beauty vanishing before his eyes. 

It was no cafe they sat at, but only darkness. Changkyun sat in front of a skeleton, but it moved and lived with chemicals pulsing through her. The wires pumping the chemicals, and it have caused Changkyun to become dead silent. The silence have finally taken over, again. 

His own brows furrowed with confusion, but the sense of yearning have caused his mouth to gape open. He wanted to beg. Beg fate for mercy. He never wanted this to happen to his own mother, hell he never wanted to return to his home because of his own dying mother. However, his own fortune always fell into the wrong. 

He couldn't speak, however. As much as he wanted a voice, he couldn't say anything. He felt the tidal waves surrounding him, drowning him. Although, he didn't feel the pain within his own chest, he could only feel the drowning of his own voice. He wanted to beg for his mother to stay. However, the vultures are starting to encircle above her. 

He heard the flapping of wings, and that is the only sound he can focus on. No, that is the only sound he could hear. He looked up as he stood, staring at the swarm of vultures above her head. They were ready to take her. Reaching out, he took his mother's hand. The selfishness was taking over, and he didn't think about his own mother's state. 

He only dragged her away. But, with two steps, she have fallen on her knees with a cry. A cry of pain filled his ears. He wanted to apologize, he wanted to help her up. But, he met the red gaze within the darkness. Frozen, he stared into the red gaze of a beast that approached him slowly. Darkness flaking off its monstrous body, its own teeth baring with sharpness that could kill. Its large paws was starting to reach out to his own mother, its claws suddenly capturing her by the flesh. 

The protector of the ones fated to die have done its job. As human, Changkyun was helpless. He can't help his mother.

There was no other choice, but to watch the darkness take over his own mother. His mother's vacant eyes becoming white as diamonds, and her son can only fall back in defeat. He watched his own mother be suffocated by the darkness of death.

"Changkyun!" 

Changkyun lifted up his head by the sudden voice erupting in his mind, his neck and back aching by his own posture. Jooheon was standing beside him with a hand on his shoulder, the younger groggily ran his fingers through his ash blonde hair. A deep sigh escaped through his nose, his head slightly pounding. He couldn't remember anything, but his own head hurt upon awakening. 

The hell hound remained in a distance. Only walking around the room, its large, bear-like paws thudding softly against the wood as heavy steps. Jooheon was going insane by the sound of the hound's paw steps, and he was ready to snap its neck. However, even if he did, he couldn't stop the death of Changkyun's mother. She was already marked with its deadly claws.