The End of All Sins

'What have I done?'

He couldn't scream out to his unconscious lover. He wanted to, however. A howl was heard in the distance, and time was running out. But, he have made a mistake. He have forgotten about the hell hound that didn't leave. He should of paid more attention, but he was too busy taking care of his lover. 

He sacrificed the time to be there for his lover because he made a promise.

He should have paid attention, and it was a risk. A chance of his own lover or the brother dying because the hound have haunted and remained, and Jooheon can not do anything. His aching body made him fall against the concrete, breathing heavily as he slowly built energy for himself. His abnormal body was gradually rebuilding and tearing him away from the pain, and he wanted the healing process to be faster. However, Jooheon could barely sit up. 

Ignoring the pain, the name of his lover rushed through his mind. It crashed around like tidal waves within his mind, and he frantically looked around. He wanted someone to help them out of the car, but the onlookers did nothing but watched with their devices in hand. The siren of certified heroes have arrived, and he heard voices but the ringing seemed louder. 

"Sir, can you move?" he could hear the muffled voice through the ringing, he only nodded in response. The shocking pain aching on his back, he let out a low groan. But, Jooheon wanted to see his lover. Opening his mouth, he tried to speak. "C-Changkyun..." he lowly spoke out, his voice raw in tone. The authority only nodded, helping the blonde up and commanding others to stay back. Looking at the disaster before him, Jooheon saw firefighters dragging Seungwoo out.

But, where was Changkyun? 

Moving his body, he pushed the man away and tried to run towards the car. He failed, however. His legs giving out after a few rushed steps, he whimpered at the pain locking his legs. Falling over, the man tried to assure him with words but Jooheon wouldn't listen. He needed to get to Changkyun. 

He promised so many things. He fucking promised to protect him. He promised to save him, physically or emotionally. He made so many promises for Changkyun.

Jooheon can't break any of them. 

"You need to sit down. The nerves within your body-" Jooheon stopped listening when he saw his lover being dragged. Wine seemed to streak down his head, while crimson paint stained the side of his white jacket. Panicking at the sight, he tried to get up but the man tried to restrain him. Jooheon wanted to scream and thrash under the man's grip, but he couldn't. Him forcing himself to move is not helping the process of healing within his body.

Red, wine gaze only followed Changkyun's unconscious body. He doesn't know if he was breathing, but he fucking hoped he was. Relaxing his body, he finally let his body heal but his chest heaved quickly while he watched his own lover being taken away in the ambulance. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he didn't want to cry. He wanted to be by Changkyun's side. 

Jooheon can't break the promises. He needed to be with Changkyun at any cost. 

"Sir-" the man was rudely interrupted by Jooheon standing up on his shaking legs, the healing within his body giving him enough energy. Limping towards the ambulance, his back ached as he slouched forward. The door nearly closed in front of his face, but Jooheon whimpered out, reaching out. Paramedics looked at each other with concern, but another already grabbed Jooheon by the arm and dragged him inside. 

Settling down in the side of the seat, Jooheon wanted to reach out and grab Changkyun's hand but the sight of the paramedics putting the familiar oxygen mask on his face made him fear. Afraid, he watched with wide eyes as he watched the paramedic tear open his shirt to reveal the gash at his side across his stomach. Blood rushing out, it made Jooheon looked away. Trembling within his hands, he held his own hands together to comfort himself.